We have an immediate need for a Senior Accountant to join our Reporting Team. This is a DIRECT HIRE, PERMANENT job, NOT a contract. Candidates MUST be able to work in the U.S. WITHOUT sponsorship, now and IN FUTURE. This role is located in Chicago, IL. Relocation assistance IS available to candidates NOT local to Chicago.
In this role you will be involved in the monthly and quarterly consolidation and SEC reporting processes. This includes preparing journal entries, financial statements, and footnotes.
- Monthly consolidation of financial results in accordance with US GAAP and preparation of journal entries, financial statements, and consolidating support schedules from business units.
- Prepare quarterly and annual SEC filings including 10-Q and 10-K, including drafting footnote disclosures, Management Discussion & Analysis, completing GAAP checklists.
- Prepare variance analysis of consolidated income statement, balance sheet and statement of cash flows
- Completing XBRL tagging for SEC filings and manage SEC filings.
- Assist with the implementation of new accounting standards (e.g. ASC 842 Leases)
- Assist with the creation of supporting materials for the Board of Directors and Audit Committee, as well as providing support to external auditors.
- Ensure continued Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Complete certain government census reports
- Assist in the interpretation and implementation of accounting policies
- Work closely with other accountants in other business units including corporate, investor relations, FP&A, tax, legal, and finance IT departments.