*No Sponsorship Available. No Corp-to-Corp. No C2C.*
This position is a contracted .NET Developer for the client's Development organization. High level responsibilities include interpreting functional requirements and designs to design, develop and implementing software solutions following client's agile development process. The position requires a minimum of 5-7 years of industry experience in writing solutions using Enterprise .NET technology skills and experience. Software development primarily consists of developing and supporting the Pulse point-of-sales system using Microsoft .NET systems, processes and APIs for in-store applications.
- Development and support of the global client's Pulse point-of-sale system using .NET, VB and SQL Server technologies
- Provides technical leadership on solutions developed
- Conducts proofs-of-concept and develops prototypes
- Participates in code and architectural peer review activities
- Performs design reviews to ensure alignment to the architectural approach
- Provides guidance, oversight to the development organization engaged on projects
- Maintains relationships and collaborates with architects in other domains including infrastructure, security and business domains
- Mentors team members on technology, architecture and application delivery
- Analyzes the functional requirements and designs and implement them into software modules
- Assists the practice area leader in defining and refining standards and best practices.
- Identifies and suggests software development process improvements
- Keeps in touch with the latest .NET technology and continues to develop his/her technical skills
- Responsible for unit testing his/her software modules.
- Proficient in the use of multiple data storage and access techniques including abstraction layers, DAOs and RDBMS such as SQL Server
- Understands and is able to identify and implement reusable code in an object oriented fashion
- Has visibility and understanding of the broader architectural vision
- Contributes to the client's .NET developer practice, which is a community of developers focused on consistency in practice and driving technology innovation through both process and technology
- Collaborates with the project team and is willing to be flexible to achieve team goals.
-Produces relevant project and technical artifacts for the project
- Responsible for building, deploying and releasing application builds
- Strong understanding and demonstrated use of design patterns
- Participates in and supports the estimation of technical tasks and activities on project work
- Participates in project planning, estimation, standup and status meetings as appropriate
- Ownership mentality while maintaining a team focus
- Experience in building unit tests, preferably test driven development
- Define application deployments and work with operation teams to insure proper deployment
- Develop and test applications using WPF, Themes, Styles, SQL, ASP.Net and C#.Net code
- At least 5 years of interacting with customers to derive business and reporting needs
- 3 or more years of WPF UI development
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, computer engineering or equivalent experience
- Understanding of REST, SOAP and JSON
- Able to mentor more junior team members
- Working knowledge of such platforms as Windows, UNIX, and Linux.
- Proficient at using code profiling and debugging tools
- Understanding of relational database concepts, ER diagrams and database objects.
- Able to effectively interact with business customers to understand and derive business needs
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- International software development experience (multi-lingual, multi-currency, geographic and locale awareness)
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.