Observes and reports activities and incidents at an assigned client site, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel. Makes periodic tours to check for irregularities and to inspect protection devices and fire control equipment. Preserves order and may act to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
1.Controls access to client site or facility through the admittance process; assists visitors with a legitimate need to gain entry to the facility; screens visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite their admittance to the site or facility.
2.Provides an atmosphere in which all client employees and visitors know that the client responds to and cares about their needs; provides a courteous, respectful and pleasant interaction with each client employee and visitor as perceived from their point of view; presents a good image of the client and its security department.
3.Communicates in a manner that is open, honest and responsive in all situations; to the extent authorized, provides information regarding the site and surrounding area as requested by visitors.
4.Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking; operates a gate and examines vehicle contents; monitors remote entrances using closed circuit television; operates remote access devices; in a calm manner directs persons who cause a disturbance to leave the property.
5.Patrols assigned site on foot or in vehicle; checks for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, security violations, blocked ingress and egress, mechanical problems, and unauthorized persons; inspects buildings and grounds using appropriate equipment and protective gear.
6.Protects evidence or scene of incident in the event of accidents, emergencies, or security investigations; sets up barriers and signage, and provides direction or information to others.
7.Prepares logs or reports as required for site; writes or types reports or enters information in a computer using standard grammar; inspects security control logs and takes action as required.
8.Observes and reports incidents or suspicious activity to client representatives, company management, life/safety personnel or public safety authorities as appropriate for the circumstances and/or as required by the site.
9.Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents or conditions following procedures established for the site, by the company, and/or through training or certification.
- Acts to ensure that all property removal is conducted within appropriate policy requirements and in accord with client standards; identifies client products or materials among items carried by client employees or visitors.
- Carries out specific tasks and duties of a similar nature and scope as required for the assigned site.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience. training: and/or testing):
. Must be able to meet and continue to meet any applicable state, county and municipal licensing
requirements for Security Officers.
. Knowledge of or ability to learn security operations and procedures.
. Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
. Ability to be an effective team member.
. Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances.
Courteous telephone manner. .
. Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization.
. Ability to write routine correspondence, including logs and reports.
. Good organizational skills.
. Ability to provide high quality customer service.
. Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. ill addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff and the public,
occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- May be exposed to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area.
- Successful passage of background, reference, psychological, and controlled substance tests, in addition to any mandatory licensing requirements.
- May be required to work overtime without advance notice.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Keyboarding, basic computer usage and operating controls.
- Seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly in order to communicate with employees and clients, observe and report incidents, and direct others.
- Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
- Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- May be required to use vehicle in the performance of duties.
- On occasion may be required to perform stressful and physical activity.
- Depending upon assignment may be exposed to inclement weather or be required to work in environments or under conditions that require the use of protective gear and devices and/or awareness of personal safety and safety of others.
- May be exposed to or required to handle sensitive and confidential information.
EOE – AAP M/F/D/V