The Largest Non-Profit Healthcare System in Texas is looking for a Pediatric Scientific Research Director. The department has a broad vision and scope of neonatal, child and adolescent health with an emphasis on interdisciplinary and translational research and leadership training. Specialization and experience in Pediatric Health Research is preferred.
- Our ideal candidate will have a PhD in Epidemiology, and/or Public Health or related field with a strong record of research including a focus on design, analysis or methodological development of epidemiologic and/or HEOR studies and should have strong communication skills.
- Candidates with formal training and/or experience in both epidemiology and biostatistics are preferred.
- Qualified candidates will have a strong record of research productivity, potential for development of an independent research program and capability of teaching in biostatistics and epidemiologic methods.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience and/or strong interest in interdisciplinary research.
- The successful candidate will be expected to develop an extramurally funded, independent research program and mentor residents and fellows in training /junior faculty / graduate students, develop interdisciplinary collaborations and engage in pediatric clinical research service activities.
- The position offers outstanding institutional support and opportunities for collaboration.
Serve as the Scientific Research Director for the division, which includes responsibilities related to budgetary planning, resource allocation, and regular reporting to all applicable entities.
- Manages assigned staff which includes the responsibility for, or whose recommendations are given particular weight, for hiring, firing, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Develop fiscal year budgets and capital budget based upon the needs of the area and available resources. Monitor adherence of department budgets. Work with administration to determine distribution of fiscal year budgets between PIs.
- Develop five-year plan to provide direction to the area and allowing for planning and resource allocation.
- Report progress and information to foundation or other entities Develop annual reports for the area
- Recruitment of new faculty based upon current and future needs.
- Oversight of safety programs to ensure compliance with all regulations and laws. Review and approval of IRB/IACUC studies
- Participate in Board Meetings Review IP portfolio
- Lead periodic adjustments to scientific strategy
- Represent the Institute to the scientific community
The largest not-for-profit healthcare system in the state of Texas. With total assets of $10.8 billion*, they have the vision and resources to provide their patients and members continued quality care while creating a model system for a dramatically changing healthcare environment. This Healthsystem includes 50 hospitals, 5,397 licensed beds, more than 1,000 patient care sites, close to 7,800 affiliated physicians, 48,000 employees, $9.1B total net operating revenue* and the their Health Plan. A sampling of their health system includes: 6.6+ million patient encounters annually 187 satellite outpatient facilities 178 primary care clinics 208,789 hospital admissions 25 ambulatory surgery centers 50 owned, operated, affiliated and joint-ventured hospitals 507 specialty, subspecialty and multi-specialty clinics 240,000 Health Plan members With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, they aspire to be one of the nation's exemplary healthcare organizations.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.