Summary of Position:
Under executive direction, manages one or more of the Company’s sales associates, as assigned, including recruiting, hiring, training, measuring performance, motivating, and otherwise directing both inside and outside sales personnel in a manner consistent with Company’s objectives. Works with the sales associates to identify market segments with the potential for revenue growth, and in the preparation and successful implementation of sales strategies directed to those potential customers. Collaborates with the Sales associates to develop new sales tools, and in the formulation and implementation of sales and marketing plans. Conducts presentations, accredited and/or non-accredited seminars and workshops on relevant subjects regionally, as assigned. Acts as a liaison between sales personnel, branch, division managers or other non-sales personnel.
Additionally, they may personally sell the Company's products and services to the real estate and financial community in order to maximize profitable market share in an assigned territory. Develops and maintains customers for the company by the extensive application of sales and service techniques.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Previous experience in real estate related field is desirable
- Previous experience in direct sales and management required.
- Basic real property law as applies to title and escrow in the state where they are located.
- Terminology and documents related to title and escrow.
- Customer service skills.
- Techniques in preparing reports and correspondence.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the real estate business is desirable.
- Knowledge of management and sales and marketing principals required.
- Assigning, directing and reviewing the work of others.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong public speaking and/or teaching skills.
- Clear, concise and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Good inter-personal skills.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work, including real estate agents, escrow officers, attorneys and others.
- Proficient computer skills including operating common and/or specialized software related to title and escrow.
- Maintaining accuracy, high productivity, and meeting urgent, fixed deadlines.
- Identifying and resolving client-service needs and problems.
- Ability to recruit, train and manage a sales team.
- Ability to measure success and analyze areas needing improvement of the sales team regularly.
- Ability to communicate objectives and otherwise influence the cooperative efforts of others, both within and beyond direct lines of authority, in achieving business objectives.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
- Valid Drivers License in good standing in State assigned to work
- Required state licensing and certification.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AS A MANAGER:
The following duties are typical of those performed by associates in this job title; however, assigned duties may vary and associates may perform other related duties, and not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each associate in the job title or at a particular location.
- Create and implement a daily sales plan for themselves and for all sales associates. The result of this plan and daily effort should result in an increase in orders, closings and market share throughout the assigned region.
- Review market trends to help Regional and/or Division Manager to determine where the sales focus should be.
- Consistently evaluate the performance of our sales associates in their efforts to penetrate the residential resale and refinance markets throughout their area to increase market share.
- Evaluate what opportunities there might be throughout the Division to penetrate the Commercial Market, the REO market, and Developer Market to increase market share.
- Provide assistance to Regional and/or Division Managers in evaluating the profitability of our sales associates and customers.
- Help the Regional and/or Division Managers in their efforts to track and monitor the performance of the sales representatives.
- Make joint sales calls with all of the sales associates in the Division to provide support and to obtain first-hand information on skills and effort of our Sales Associates.
- Lead and participate in customer presentations with our sales associates throughout the Region.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES AS A SALES REPRESENTATIVE:
- Maintains and increases the sales volume of assigned territory by selling the products and services of Company to professional customers, such as attorneys, bankers, savings and loan associations, savings banks, builders, developers, realtors, mortgage bankers, independent escrow companies, or other users of company services.
- Drives and makes daily calls to numerous customers or prospective customers for the company.
- Professionally presents Company's services in a manner to induce customers to utilize our company over our competitor's services.
- Ensures the quality and timeliness of service to customers by maintaining communications with appropriate internal departments.
- Assists customers with particular needs such as expediting special orders, resolving discrepancies, and investigating and securing settlement of complaints. Keeps current accurate records of calls made, expenses incurred, and order volume.
- Continually assesses competitor actions within assigned territory. Is aware of new competitor practices if they arise and informs superior immediately of said practices, together with recommendations to counteract the competitor's strategies.
- Assists in developing sales forecasts, territory potentials, workload analysis, call programs and routes. Determines business climate of assigned territory by analyzing the number of title/escrow orders produced, the amount of orders each title company is receiving, and different customer and competitor activities that could affect sales volume or market share. Informs management of any business development opportunities as well as any problems that may have an adverse impact on company.
- Consistently reviews with management and technical staff the products, services, programs, sales aids and promotional items.
- Continually increases knowledge of sales skills, concepts, techniques, etc., and develops and improves sales presentations.
- Regularly promotes and maintains favorable customer relations for company by arranging and participating in the presentation of educational training programs for customer, their associations, or any other interested groups; entertaining customers at appropriate social events; providing plant tours and periodically speaking before professional, business or civic groups on a variety of title, escrow and related topics; attending meetings and serving on the committees of local trade associations and civic and professional groups.