This datacenter supports over 150K users in the US Army and hosts over 80 applications for the departments of the US Army.
This position is for a Microsoft SQL Server database administrator. The successful candidate will maintain SQL Server database environments in an enterprise environment consisting of approximately 1200 Windows servers. This position is responsible for development and sustainment of SQL Server 2014 failover clusters and migration of various disparate SQL Server environments onto the clusters. The successful candidate will standardize, consolidate, and optimize the existing SQL Server environments and monitor and maintain database performance. The successful candidate will also collaborate with internal and external customers to gather requirements for special processing, and work and track issues to resolution using an in-house ticket system. Responsibilities include:
* Design, install, configure, audit, and maintain highly available enterprise database systems
* Monitor backups on all enterprise databases
* Perform routine disaster recovery testing scenarios
* Troubleshoot and maintain database performance, including the proposal of short term fixes, long term solutions, and the regular scheduling of index maintenance and database integrity checks
* Establish and maintain database policies and standards
* Generate database schema definitions and modifications as required
* Refresh data from one processing environment to another as required
* Develop, follow, and maintain team documentation for repeatable processes, including database feature installation, disaster recovery, and common problem resolution
* Adhere to ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) practices for Change Management
* Five or more years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Edition and all facets of database administration
* Five or more years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server High Availability features: Failover Clustering, Log Shipping, Database Mirroring, AlwaysOn Availability Groups
* Five or more years of experience with Windows Server (2012 R2 and above) and Microsoft Failover Clusters
* Installation and configuration experience with SQL Server 2014 (and higher), SQL Server Service Packs and Cumulative Updates
* Experience with PowerShell 5.0 (or higher)
* Strong documentation skills
* Strong database performance tuning skills
* Strong interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to be a team player
* Participate in 24x7 on-call support rotation and expected to work during mission critical situations
* Working knowledge of DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), Security Readiness Review (SRR) scripts, and Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM)
* Experience with SQL Server 2016 (or higher)
* Experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
* Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
* Experience with SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
* Experience with Microsoft Azure
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.