Duties & Responsibilities:
This position will require attention to detail, great organizational and analytical skills, and a strong customer service orientation. The main objective is to contribute to the firm's work efforts of maintaining good client relationships while successfully collecting past due accounts.This position is the first line of communication to the client and partner to manage the accounts receivable portfolio, resolve any open item and proactively address delinquent accounts.
- Manage firm wide collection processes, including review of collection trends.
- Establishes internal procedures for processing cash receipts application and collection activities within current firm policies.
- Monitor delinquent accounts, develop collection strategies and work with clients and attorneys to resolve issues.
- Manages firm collections (accounts receivable) policy, including communicating with attorneys and their clients regarding AR, and communicating with upper management regarding areas of concern.
- Provides information and various reports to attorneys and secretaries upon request.
- Manage and maintain the firms audit request letters.
- Reviews daily collections reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare and present monthly collections reports to the Business Committee.
- Research, document and resolve outstanding issues.
- Directly supervise a staff of one senior revenue coordinator, and two revenue coordinators. Hires, retains, motivates, develops and evaluates department staff.
- Monitors staff adherence to internal policies and procedures.
Ability to set objective performance measurements and expectations for direct reports and hold them accountable for meeting the established expectations. Prepare and delivers annual performance reviews which compare the performance of direct reports to expectations communicated.