The Retail Loan Officer - Multicultural (Houston, TX) will be responsible for outside sales of mortgage loan products to realtors, builders, and individuals. They will conduct sales presentations and seminars to various local trade associates and civic organizations for the purpose of promoting Colonial National Mortgage products and services.
- Originate FHA, VA and conventional loan production in market area
- Counsel, advise and qualify home buyers for particular programs
- Increase mortgage loan volume, primarily focusing on CRA, low-to-moderate income, and minority customers, through effective selling
- Attend and partner on sales seminars and builder/realtor meetings to generate loan volume within market area
- Coordinate and conduct First Time Home Buyer seminars for potential CRA and multicultural origination mortgage applicants
- Primary loan focus on low-to-moderate income, minority and first time home buyers
- Partner with community, non-profit and government agencies focused on affordable housing programs or minority communities
- Work with processors to expedite and assist in the processing and closing of each loan according to company and government policies
- Keep informed of trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government-insured mortgages
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of experience in selling of Conventional, FHA, VA, and Private Investor mortgage loans for purchase transactions with a proven track record of success
- 2+ years of experience and proven production working with this segment of the market in the area of community and diversity mortgage loan origination
- Bilingual in Spanish or Korean highly preferred
- A thorough understanding of current underwriting criteria and guidelines, current loan programs, governmental regulations, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of the local market
- Advanced public speaking skills with the ability to make presentations
- Ability to educate borrowers on loan products and processes
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers, employees and managers in writing or verbally, via advanced telephone and email skills, as well as, in person
- Successful NMLS registration will be required
This position offers a full range of benefits including Health, Dental, and 401k.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Member FDIC | Equal Housing Lender | NMLS ID 401285