The Retail Loan Officer - Condo Specialist - Austin, TX will be responsible for outside sales of mortgage loan products to Realtors, builders, and individuals. They will conduct sales presentations and seminars to various local trade associates and civic organizations for the purpose of promoting Colonial National Mortgage condominium products and services.
- Originate FHA, VA and conventional loan production in market area
- Market to the college/university campus area Realtors with a focus on student housing (Kiddie Condos)
- Counsel, advise and qualify home buyers for particular programs
- Attend sales seminars and builder/Realtor meetings to generate loan volume within market area
- Work with processors to expedite and assist in the processing and closing of each loan according to company and government policies
- Keep informed of trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as the changing rules and regulations pertaining to both private and government-insured mortgages
- Thorough understanding of the various condo review types (New Established, Streamline and Limited Reviews, Reviews for detached condos, 2 - 4 unit projects)
- Other duties as assigned
- 2+ years of experience in selling of Conventional, FHA, VA, and Private Investor mortgage loans for purchase transactions with a proven track record of success
- Track record of closing at least six condo loans in the past year
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Thorough understanding of current underwriting criteria and guidelines, current loan programs, governmental regulations, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of the local market
- Advanced public speaking skills with the ability to make presentations
- Ability to educate borrowers on loan products and processes
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, employees and managers, verbally and in writing via advanced telephone and email skills, as well as in person
- Successful NMLS registration will be required
This position offers a full range of benefits including Health, Dental, and 401k.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Member FDIC | Equal Housing Lender | NMLS ID 401285