REMOTE POSITION - PERMANENT POSITION
Manager, Product Engineering
The right person will need to be a player coach that can manage 60% of the time and be hands on 40%. You will need to have experience with Python, SQL, SSIS and product development. Must be W2 directly with the client.
Manager, Product Engineering is responsible for technical support of products within the company's technology suite, as well as people management of Engineering team members. The Manager, Product Engineering works with other Product Engineering leaders to ensure the success of key projects and products in production and serves as a technical liaison to other technical teams across the organization.
Primary Job Duties:
- Oversight, mentorship, and management of members of the Software Engineering team, including on-boarding, performance management, KOs, reviews and people management functions
- Oversee full Software Development Life Cycle for multiple initiatives and projects at a time
- Analyze bugs and iterate on process when necessary to fix and prevent occurrences in the future
- Provide hands on guidance and subject matter expertise to members of the team
- Participate in discussions as a member of the leadership team around product direction, team process, and strategy.
- Mentor junior developers and delegate work where appropriate
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Deliver timely, well written, well designed, testable, efficient code
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in a product development capacity in the healthcare space;
- 1+ years' experience working in Python
- 1+ year of experience managing Engineers or technical staff
- Understanding of test-driven development and agile methodologies
- Experience working with APIs
- Experience in a cloud-based technology (preferred)
- Hands-on proficiency with SQL, SSIS, and ETL jobs, including stored procedures
- A track record of shipping quality software
- A strong belief in automated testing
- Must comply with HIPAA rules and regulations
- Must be willing and able to communicate with team via webcam, web conferencing, and phone.
- Must have access to private, quiet work space with high-speed internet to effectively work remotely
- Environment: SQL Server and Python