TEKsystems is seeking a Project Manager/Release Manager that will be reporting to the Sr. Director, HR Systems. They will be responsible for hands-on end to end project and release management of initiatives across HR systems (Workday, Kronos, Fieldglass). Key responsibilities includes planning, executing of key HR IT Projects, maintaining the release roadmap for HR applications, managing the change control process, and tracking and monitoring SLA's. They will manage up to 20 project that span across the HR systems workstreams and business varying in size at one time.
Whenever a project comes in que the Project Manager/Release Manager will sit the director to scope the work, determine who they need to involve, what are time lines and confirm they're good to contact everyone involved directly. Once they have gone through this process the director will be hands off for the most part and the Project Manager/Release Manager is responsible for maintaining everyone's schedule and keeping them on track as it related to the project.
They will work with the business to ensure the requirements are being gathered and documented (the Project Manager/Release Manager won't be doing this but ensuring it happens). They will create high level project plan, i.e., snap shots in time from start to finish. They need to understand who all will be involved in development and how much time it will take (they have 5 development managers over different workstreams). They will make sure testing is completed. Sometimes the business might want a demo to validate it's what they wanted. They will manage UAT and know what to prepare for in advance of UAT which is done by the business. Ensure the testing is completed and the results are documented. Prepare for production to deploy the software, integration, etc. They need to work with the business partners to clearly document step by step how they do things. They will oversee deployments which can take place anytime of the day/week including nights and weekends. They will be responsible for communicating things have been done. They need to engage all of the stakeholders, i.e., anyone that the deployment touches. Example, making sure all training and communications are done or in progress. Contact customer support and post production groups that will be receiving phone calls if something goes bad to create issue logs or risk logs to ensure things are documented and they look at dependencies.
* Experience as a Release Manager supporting Workday/Kronos or home grown application through the entire SDLC in an enterprise environment. Experience should align with the required skills in the job description.
a. Experience knowing the full SDLC process, including moving code (and processes) from environment to environment (Dev=>QA=>UAT=>Prod=>Prod support) and working with the team to ensure awareness/timelines/getting approvals for specific tollgates
b. Experience with full UAT process and all activities needed prior to UAT for planning (data mining, creation of test scripts with business, dependencies, downstream impacts and testing, etc.)
c. Experience with Pre-Production planning activities with team/stakeholders in advance and documenting all steps
d. Experience with control processes to ensure all tollgates are met and documented prior to Production for approval
e. Ensuring Management needs are met prior to Production (PM may not be responsible for the management tea, but should ensure they work with the correct teams in advance to have a strategy in place and ensure it gets executed)
* Strong documentation and communication experience.
a. Experience developing their own reporting process to manage multiple projects which includes but not limited to project timeline/status (red, yellow, green), assign responsibility to tasks with follow up expectations, etc.
b. Experience providing updates and speaking in front of stakeholders and executives.
c. Experience managing meetings through video conference, keeping those in different time zones in mind
d. Experience documenting next steps from meetings held and ensuring tasks get accomplished, following up
e. Experience to know how to communicate to different groups of people (ex: difference between team vs Steering Committee needs)
f. Experience documenting pre-UAT and pre-Prod activities (with entire team handling release) and disseminating info in a timely manner. Sending out communication before/after UAT and Prod
g. Experience keeping all documentation in one place (repository) - Sharepoint, Confluence, etc., and ensuring team has access to these documents
* They need to have good EQ skills to understand how people work differently and adapt how they approach them (building relationships). Gaining buy in by asking how they would like to handle something and come to an agreement and have them commit on a deadline. They have to be able to drive projects and not just report out on them.
* Experience keeping track of Budgets and Resources - report out to Manager when asked
* Experience working with vendors if development/QA/deployment is being handled by a group outside of HRIS team
* Workday and / or HR IT experience in project management and implementation
* Ability to analyze, interpret and extract trends from data and analysis
* Establishes goals and objectives and sets performance targets
* Ability to manage multiple tasks
* Create and deliver presentations with impact
* Partnership driven
* Can meet deadlines
* Foster a climate of open communication, trust and respect
* Encourages team behavior and able to facilitate a team discussion
* Effectively communicates with all levels
* Project management effectiveness
* Project cost, time management
* Success in program implementation
* Delivery of monthly /quarterly release reporting
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.