Regional Golf Course Sales Manager
Achieve sales by managing established and new major accounts. Develop, manage, and execute sales strategies and programs for the Sports segment focusing on major accounts. Set sales objectives; create and implement strategic sales plans and tactical support plans. Scope of work includes collaborating with store-level management, regional management, and c-level management to optimize sell-through and develop in-store training and promotional/merchandising plans for the account. Negotiate business terms (e.g. pricing, programs, allowances, etc.), create forecasts, and analyze sell-through reports for actionable improvement plans.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the strategic plan for each major account
- Budget for account travel expenses, marketing funds, POS materials, etc. as needed
- Communicate the plan(s) to key corporate sales management and executive staff
- Participate in the development, presentation and review of annual business plans for the key customers
- Working with line development to create custom products and merchandise plans leveraging the current catalog of products and new trends.
- Develop strategies and plans to ensure Tervis’ premier presence, shelf space, and floor location is maintained and enhanced.
- Collect market data and feedback to develop new products to grow business.
- Communicate product roadmap plans to accounts and implement successful transition plans.
- Work with marketing to develop marketing plans to support category, customer’s and company business objectives
- Cultivate and grow quality relationships at the local, regional and corporate management levels between the retailer and DTE to ensure maximum cooperation.
- Analyze sales data, develop improvement plans, get DTE and management buy-in, communicate and implement plan, launch programs, monitor programs for continuous improvement.
- Analyze Sales Reports Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly and Annually to ensure that sales targets are met.
- Negotiate contractual documents including Sales Agreements, Terms and Conditions, Routing Guides, Compliance Guides, Marketing/Coop Agreements, and National/International Logistics requirements.
- Achieve 80% participation of Accounts on DTE B2B site.
- Build and communicate monthly/quarterly/annual sales forecasts.
- Develop and deliver sales presentations.
- Manage and oversee the assigned Major Account Coordinators for the respective region.
- Manage the team to maintain and build Customer Information in the DTE System daily. 100% of required information fields is the minimum acceptable level of performance.
- Gain key market and customer insights and communicate them within the company as required.
- Develop line and business process knowledge to the expert level.
- Manage expenses to budget
- Think out of the box and bring new ideas to the company.
- All other duties as assigned by management