Safety Manager, Utilities
EASi is a technical services company, providing engineering services to electric utilities. Utility-specific services include Station Engineering, Protection & Control Engineering, Transmission Line Engineering, Right-of-Way, Project Management, Planning and Advanced Studies & Technology.
EASi is seeking a Safety Manager to develop, implement and manage a comprehensive occupational safety program applicable to its multiple operating sites in the US. This position will develop the strategies, goals and plans to meet the needs for a safe and knowledgeable workplace.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and continuously improve the EASi safety program to ensure compliance with federal, state and local safety regulations and client requirements.
- Monitor industry trends in occupational health and safety and implement best practices.
- Conduct gap analysis to identify improvement opportunities and develop best practices solutions.
- Provide proper PPE for all employees as needed through established safety vendor protocols.
- Develop, document, equip, train and implement safety programs to accomplish compliance with safety standards and guidelines and industry best practices.
- Establish a robust safety communication program.
- Provide leadership and direction for all aspects of occupational health and safety compliance, including but not limited to HAZCOM, OSHA, drug and alcohol programs, hearing protection, field and office safety and workers compensation.
- Conduct site safety audits, accident investigations and root cause analysis
- Serve as subject matter expert on utility client contractual safety requirements. Implement and track workforce compliance with Client safety requirements.
- Establish and oversee safety training program, and conduct classes including but not limited to OSHA 10 and 30-hour classes, CPR/First Aid/AED, driver safety, emergency procedures, field and office safety practices, PPE use and care.
- Establish and maintain recordkeeping program to document compliance.
- Perform OSHA and jurisdictional reporting in compliance with defined standards
- Maintain and update the EASi safety and health manual and the Emergency Action Plans for each site.
- Manages compliance with utility client worksite requirements including pre-worksite training and the completion of Project Specific Safety & Environment Plans (PSSEP) and Task Hazard Analysis documentation
- Establish and track a safety program budget based on an effective cost/benefit assessment. Track expenditures and the resultant value added.
- Establish and monitor safety related contracts and vendors to ensure compliance with contract deliverables.
- Advise senior management on safety related opportunities and issues.
Work Environment: -
The office is an engineering office environment that is quiet in nature. However there will be circumstances where the safety manager will be required to travel outside to client locations in varying types of weather
Qualifications: Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in safety, education, business or other related field
- Minimum of seven years experience in electric utility operations; five years safety experience, including three years in a lead safety position
- Certification from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals will may be considered in lieu of education requirement
- Authorized OSHA 501 General Industry Trainer
- Certified trainer in CPR/First Aid/AED through Red Cross, American Heart, or similar
Performance Expectations: Requisite Abilities and Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong project management skill
- Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, NESC C-2 safety and reporting standards
- Knowledge of electric utility operations and associated hazards
- Strong problem-solving ability and willingness to search out relevant information
- Demonstrated ability to inspire employee compliance through personal leadership
- Creative self-starter
- In-depth knowledge of safety standards, codes, and regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of an organization
- Above average in computer savvy and ability to use standard office applications
- Knowledge of fiscal planning and budgeting
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and conflicting priorities
- Ability to access and interpret federal, state and local laws and guidelines governing safety in the workplace
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.