Quality Assurance Manager
The role of the Quality Assurance Manager is to be responsible for maintaining all aspects of keeping the plant/production area sanitary and compliant to USDA regulations. Assures consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP); validates processes; providing documentation; and managing staff. Must be a self-starter with strong leadership experience, professional work ethics, and creative problem-solving skills, able to handle legal compliance, customer expectations and coordinate activities to meet quality standards. This position requires the QA Manager to be a SQF Practitioner.
- Establish and implement the training needs of the facility personnel to ensure they have the required competencies to carry out those functions affecting products, legality, and safety
- Manage of customer service activities including order entry, customer satisfaction, interface with customers, interface with sales, production, labs, regulatory, and quality ensuring that customer service creates competitive advantage in marketplace including resolving critical customer complaints
- Has an understanding of the SQF Code and the requirements to implement and maintain SQF Systems relevant to the supplier scope of certification
- Creates and implements incoming material inspection criteria and procedures
- Develop, review and disposition Packaging Specifications, Bill of Material and other operations related documentation
- Perform daily monitoring activities on SQF programs including: Verification, Validation, Audit, and Recordkeeping to ensure facility’s continuous compliance with SQF code requirements, performs monthly inspections, internal audits and GMP audits (including follow-up and close-out items).
- Schedule and conduct Food Safety and HACCP meetings and conferences with representatives of other departments and divisions to explain the SQF management system and to obtain compliance with the procedures and controls
- Coordinate with management personnel in formulating and establishing company policies, standard operating procedures and objectives
- Act as the facility’s SQF Practitioner and HACCP Coordinator
- Interface with the Sanitation Department to maintain and revise departmental procedures including assisting with the master sanitation schedule and SSOP’s reflecting process improvements that maintain or improve pre-operational and operational hygienic conditions
- Responsible for Q.A. Micro program and interfaces with outside Labs
- Develop and maintain workplace safety and quality assurance procedures and policies, and design, develop and deliver related training to meet the needs and initiatives for Crescent Foods
- Oversee the successful completion of all food safety and quality regulatory certification audits with the assistance of relevant management team
- Maintains Log /Action Plans of required corrective actions for non-conformances and ensures closure of these issues
- Sets individual and team performance metrics, evaluates productivity, and helps associates create long-term career plans within the organization
- Direct all activities related to pest control including monitoring, recordkeeping, exclusion practices and treatment programs
- Trains employees on GMP’s, HACCP, M.S.D.S. & Allergen controls.
- Responsible for the supervision of all QA team members and QA supervisors.
- Disposition product and review change control
- Perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
- In the absence of the Quality Assurance Manager the Quality Assurance Supervisor will fill-in.
- Proficient in standard business office software
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills Excellent oral and written communication skills • Fluency in written and verbal English
- Proven ability to think independently and handle multiple projects through to completion Record of successfully collaborating with and influencing senior management and peers Demonstrated ability to lead and manage staff
- Demonstrated independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy, analytical ability and professional demeanor
- Able to make effective presentations to diverse groups
- Able to perform financial calculations and create and manage budgets
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 5 years direct reports with supervisory experience
- 5+ years’ Experience as QA Management in the food industry preferred
- Poultry, Meat, and handling, preparing or cooking background a must
- R & D Required
Chicago, IL 60623
Permanent with Benefits
Elite Staffing, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Our policy of equal employment opportunity is to recruit, hire, train and promote persons without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, handicap or any other protected status.