Summary of Position Requirements:
The primary responsibility is the complete and accurate contracting of all labor required to build homes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Lennar has only the best trade partners in order to meet its manufacturing needs.
- Ensure Lennar’s trade partners are continuously improving in the areas of quality, cost, service and delivery performance
- Understand the material supply chains of specific spend categories, and implement material sourcing strategies to optimize the flow through the chain
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the industry for the specific major category being sourced
- Facilitate value engineering sessions with trade partners and associates
- Proactively communicate with all applicable associates within division
- Benchmark industry sourcing and supply management best practices
- Develop, maintain and use should-cost models for specific spend categories and related construction services
- Own the responsibility for improving the division’s cost per sq foot
- Negotiate and question pricing and legitimacy of EPO’s
- Review all extra EPO’s to verify within accordance of approved take-offs, scopes of work, proper reason codes utilized, and work with Expeditor to resolve issues as they arise
- Identify areas and trends in extra EPO’s to prevent and to reduce costs
- Rationalize the trade partner base to the best of the best
- Ensure continuity of supply and labor to the division’s communities
- Review plan, create/revise budgets for multiple new and ongoing communities
- Assist with maintaining insurance and contract compliance
- Ensure adherence to Department policies and procedures
- Provide status updates to Director of Purchasing related to ongoing projects and activities
- Review plans, takeoffs and budgets for new communities and resolve possible issues before the community or plan starts. Manage plan sets.
- Assist as necessary with material takeoffs for new and revised plans.
- Analyze plans/homes for cost analysis recommendations and value engineering adjustments.
- Assist in the collection and distribution of bid information via Buzzsaw.
- Prepare contracting packages (i.e. Trade partner Base Agreements, Scopes of Work, Insurance Requirements, Specifications, etc.)
- Generate and analyze variance reports.
- Participate in division variance meetings, communicating results to the purchasing and construction team for any adjustments needed.
- Assist supplier/trade partners as necessary to resolve invoicing/partnership issues.
- Randomly audit Net Plus item installation in the field.
- Review and enter site condition reports prior to budget creation.
- Track and follow up as necessary to collect local/regional rebates.
- Complete and submit quarterly corporate reports in order to obtain the Net Plus rebates.
- Maintain current files on all contract information, including the creation of community books.
- Manage selection rooms within communities to ensure proper products are shown and are presentable for customers.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required; College preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record and auto insurance coverage
- Minimum of 2 years of residential construction experience.
- Computer literate with the ability to work with JD Edwards, Auto CAD, Buzzsaw, Build Pro/Supply Pro, and Excel preferred.
- Full understanding of residential construction and architectural design.
- Professionally perform multiple, detail oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Good writing and extremely good organization skills.
- Possess strong work ethic, integrity, and loyalty.
- Team Player with ability to work well under pressure.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of an office. Also requires the ability to read plans, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items less than 50 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages. Standing is required for filing and copying.
This position outlines the basic tasks and requirements for the position noted. It is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.