Summary of Position Requirements
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for developing, negotiating, and executing division sourcing agreements for specific spend categories.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure Lennar has only the best subcontractors in order to meet its manufacturing needs.
- Ensure Lennar’s subcontractors are continuously improving in the areas of quality, cost, and service and delivery performance.
- Understand the material supply chains of specific spend categories, and implement material sourcing strategies to optimize the flow through the chain.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the industry for the specific major category being sourced.
- Facilitate value-engineering sessions with subcontractors and associates from division customers.
- Proactively communicate with all applicable associates within division customers.
- Benchmark industry sourcing and supply management best practices.
- Develop, maintain and use should-cost models for specific spend categories and related construction services.
- Own the responsibility for improving the division’s cost per sq foot for their specified spend categories.
- Negotiate and question pricing and legitimacy of EPO’s.
- Review all extra EPO’s to verify within accordance of approved take-offs, scopes of work, proper reason codes utilized, and work with Expeditor to resolve issues as they arise.
- Identify areas and trends in extra EPO’s to prevent and to reduce costs.
- Rationalize the subcontractor base to the best of the best.
- Ensure continuity of supply and labor to the division’s communities.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Purchasing Manager, preferably with a National Homebuilder
- Must have superior analytical and communication skills.
- Must have significant knowledge of the residential homebuilding industry.
- Must have sound financial and project management knowledge.
- Must be able to build and use should-cost models.
- Must have sound negotiating skills and influencing skills.