Puppet Configuration Management SRE
If you are passionate about automating build and deployment processes using Open Source tools and are interested in opportunities to work at massive scale, we may have just the job for you. We're looking for highly motivated, 'work smarter not harder' engineer for our Configuration-as-a-Service team.
Why we need you
We are growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, we are the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We are undergoing a massive change in how we run our services and need to dramatically improve our configuration management tooling and automated testing. That's where you come in.
Why the team needs you
The CAAS (Configuration as a Service) team designs and supports engineering teams with the test, release, and configuration deployment tools used to deploy services on massive scale SAAS platforms for our customers. You will bring your expertise in designing and deploying production-grade, highly secure, CI testing for configuration management. You have a strong desire, no actually, a burning personal need to minimize manual operations and testing. In this role you will be a major influencer and driver to make our configuration management practices a center of excellence.
Why you need us
You're going to have the opportunity to architect, build, and support CI/CD tools and practices for configuration management in use company-wide. You'll have a direct hand in designing and implementing best practices from a security, validation, and feature-set perspective. Your work will directly impact all Product and Ops teams and you will have impact across all of Engineering. Additionally, you will be joining a team responsible for designing and supporting large hybrid and multi-cloud environments as growth areas for your career.
Who you are
You take a test-driven approach to everything you build, ensuring ease of use, availability, and security are core components.
- Things such as (creating custom Puppet facts, types, and providers.Creating unit and acceptance tests for Puppet. Refactoring Puppet Code. Overall provide Puppet best practices)
2.) Python-Ability to script from scratch
* Be an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
* Inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching more junior engineers
* Enjoy automating solutions for complex problems
* Passionate about delivering best-practice solutions
* Demonstrate ability to create CI/CD processes and test-driven frameworks
* Comfort working in a multi-team distributed responsibility environment - we have more than 200 contributors to Puppet
* Hands-on experience creating custom Puppet facts, types, and providers
* Demonstrate experience creating unit and acceptance tests for Puppet
* Able to determine and explain tradeoffs and investment costs of using public or creating internal solutions for a given need
Significant experience in many of these:
* Expertise in RHEL distributions and OS tooling in general, plus points for RedHat official releases
* Experience creating and debugging SELinux policies
* Proficient with general Linux OS hardening (applying OS STIGs, CIS Benchmarks, etc)
* Comfortable with common infrastructure tools (LDAP, Sensu, Splunk, Artifactory, Jenkins, Spinnaker, ...)
* Experience with other configuration management tools: Ansible, Terraform, etc.
* Experience creating tools in Python and Go languages
The fine print:
Primary support engineer (design, build, support, and mentor) for Configuration management practices used by every Ops and Engineering team.
* Drive improvements to the configuration management CI/CD pipeline to ensure consistent, validated, and policy-approved releases
* Create tools to simplify incremental and canary deployments through environments and platforms
* Drive improvements and best practices use of unit, acceptance, and integration tests for all releases
* Partner in creation and management of security and deployment hardening tools
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.