- PMP Certified
- 10+ years experience
- Healthcare experience
- EPIC Experience/ certs
Responsible for planning and managing multiple simple, somewhat and moderately complex projects from initiation through implementation. The IT Project Manager will take on the management of key technology projects with the goal of delivering every assigned project on time, within budget and within scope with minimal supervision. Individuals should have experience managing to deadlines providing oversight of projects to ensure timely and effective project development and completion. Responsibilities will also include managing project status, project communications, resources, change requests, risks, issues and key decisions to ensure optimal progress is achieved and maintained. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Project Complexity - Manages multiple projects from simple to moderately complex. May be responsible for managing a subset of a larger project or program led by a more senior PM or Program Manager
- Business Knowledge - Has business knowledge or working relationships that are vital to the success of the project or portfolio
- Scope Management - Works with the sponsor, develops a detailed project scope statement including defining what is in scope, out of scope, key milestones, deliverables, initial timelines and clear success criteria
- Project Planning - Responsible for developing the project management plan including the communications, cost, human resources, procurement, process, quality, requirements, risk, schedule, scope, stakeholder management, scope, stakeholder, and baselines
- Project Schedule Management - Working with multiple Subject Matter develops the Work Breakdown Structure. Once completed develops the project schedule identifying predecessors, dependencies and the critical path. Working with resource managers develops the level of effort estimates and negotiates the assignment of resources. Works with vendors to align the project scheduled and ensure predecessors, dependencies and milestones are known and transparent to both teams at all times.
- Resource Management - Negotiate and influences cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate resourcing levels are engaged and maintained throughout the life of the project. Proactively identify and report on anticipated resourcing gaps and identify potential options for resolution.
- Project Budget - Assists in the development of financial projections through schedule development and resource forecasting. Review the projects tasks weekly to ensure the resources are updating their timesheets and work remaining, work with resources directly to get updates and escalates when needed.
- Stakeholder Management - Identify stakeholders, determine their stake and impact in the project, and manage to their expectations. Communicate the status and issues to all stakeholders, including C-Level management
- Communication - Monitors the progress of the project ensuring timely and effective communication of project status in terms of cost, forecast, schedule and assessment of risk/issues. Facilitate project related meetings at Manager, Director, and possibly VP levels.
- Monitoring and Control - Review the projects schedules and timesheets weekly to ensure the resources are updating their tasks and activities to show accurate progress. Coach, mentor, and motivate project team members; influencing them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work; escalate when required. Identify and track key project milestones and deliverables, utilizing the critical path to proactively identify potential issues/risks for quick resolution. Logs and tracks project risks and issues to ensure ownership is established and progress is made towards resolution/mitigation with escalation being sought when needed.
- Project Change Management - Proactively manages change to the project scope, schedule and budget. Works with vendors and other business partners to determine options and impacts and identify best course of action
- Standards Development - Assists in the development and improvement of standardized processes for analysis, reporting and tracking. Adopts and adheres to the standards, provides training and coaching to team members to ensure adoption. With appropriate approvals, tailor standards for specific initiatives to streamline and deliver efficiently.
- Metrics and Reporting - Updates MSPO to track project details including over/under allocated resources, project change requests, issues, risks, overdue tasks, key decisions, milestones and deliverables providing formal and ad hoc reports and presentations as needed.
- Lessons Learned - Conduct project post-mortems and create lessons learned to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements and potential action items for future improvements. Responsible for reviewing lessons learned for like projects and adopting the changes to improve delivery in future projects.
- Travel Requirement - Participates in project go-live events as needed, may be required to travel to support project related activities
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrates the understanding of strategic business goals, act as a thought partner, helping stakeholders articulate needs and defining clear scope statements that include SMART goals, and ensuring the team focuses on achieve the business outcomes
- Expert at facilitating project team meetings
- Proficient at driving a project forward, monitoring and communicating the progress, proactively and effectively communicating in terms of cost, forecast, schedule and assessment of risk/issues. Anticipates stakeholder needs, proactively keeping them informed, negotiating with them to reach consensus when priorities conflict, and tailoring the message and delivery style as needed
- Proven communication and negotiation skills - oral, written, presentation, formal and informal
- Ability to easily read process flows and contribute to the development of new process flows as needed
- Experienced utilizing project management processes, standards and methodology
- Knows when to act decisively even with limited information.
- Knowledgeable on the development of work breakdown structures, determination of interdependencies, identification of a projects critical path, estimation of level of effort and then how to use techniques to proactively manage the project to successfully deliver the goals and objectives of the project
- Proven ability to create effective presentations
- Ability to foresee risks and develop a comprehensive risk response plan and keep projects on track
- Experience in persuasion and influencing by understanding the various points of view and achieving meaningful interaction. Comfortable negotiating and managing conflict
- Experienced in taking in a wide range of information, from multiple sources and pinpoint key insights, identify root cause, determine potential options and impacts and provide recommendations
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment with competing priorities
- Takes pride in delivering exceptional quality on all assignments. Accepts responsibility for overall project success
- Ability to communicate in ways that create change, manage expectations and enable alignment across teams
- Ability to utilize analytical, creative, implicative, strategic and tactical thinking techniques based on the scenario
- Able to negotiate with managers to resource a project, resolve allocation issues, and ensure skilled resources are assigned and available at the right times
- Acts as a role model; inspires teams to go beyond their role expectations to help each other and exceed project goals
- Exhibits an appropriate sense of urgency, ownership and focus as it relates to customer satisfaction, delivery, or issues that might arise
- Willingness to challenge standards, tailoring methodology and adapting project course to maximize its success
Project management tools and/or software packages, specifically Project Online
MS office tools
Knowledge of SDLC tools and/or software packages
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Business, Information Technology, or Healthcare or 5 years like experience
- A minimum of 3years' experience in the following:
- Development of level of effort scheduling utilizing 3-point estimation or PERT Analysis
- Resource Request and Allocation, Resource Management in a matrix environment
- Managing a portfolio of 3 - 5 somewhat to moderately complex, cross functional technology or healthcare projects requiring vendor management at one time
- A minimum of 5years' experience in the following:
- Managing projects, preferably in a healthcare or technology realm, utilizing standard project management concepts
- Situational thinking - utilizing analytical, creative, implicative, strategic and tactical thinking techniques based on the scenario
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
At least one of the following:
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Certified Scrum Master, Professional Scrum Master or PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner or Certified SAFE® Scrum Master
- EPIC Certification, Credential, or Proficient
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.