Hiring For a Project Manager here in Richmond to work on site in Alta Vista - Per Diem
This individual will be responsible for managing and running the general construction components of a 80MW solar project. They will work under the general contractor and owner.
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all on-site and off-site constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance
- Review the work progress on daily basis
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and license's
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
Main priority of the PM is to manage construction work being done by EPC contractor including how invoices are processed, RFI's are processed, re-submission of schedules, managing change orders and QA documentation. Major responsibility will be working through permit compliance deficiencies list (punch list). They will receive the punch list from the site contact and will have to fix it to align with the way the contracts are setup and redo it where needed. The PM must then present this to the EPC Contractor, discuss on a call, facilitate an agreement/solution. The PM doesn't have to understand overly technical issues (ie:, why the field rep thinks the welds were done poorly), they just need to facilitate the discussion and the resolution and push the parties to reach the end goal. Good verbal and written communication will be important in this role as the interaction with the contractor will mainly be remote (telephone and email).
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.