- Manage multiple projects through closure; develop release plans with contract requirements, milestones, risks and plan for execution.
- Responsible for scheduling necessary meetings with resources and stakeholders, act as a facilitator and provide clear documentation, minutes and communication to all involved with project..
- Conduct project briefings on project status to project teams and Senior Leadership when required.
- Perform project control analyzing variances to the project plan, providing root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
- Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
- Assessing the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to backlog refinement and release planning.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
- Knowledge of PMBok and waterfall development and experience with a company's transition to agile.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.)
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus)
- Scrum Master Certification (CSP, PSM II)
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Knowledge of rail or transportation industry.
- 7-10+ years in project management as well as the additional details below.
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Experience applying a wide variety of well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs,etc)
Degree Field: Engineering Management or Business Administration
Training/ Certifications: Project Management Professional Preferred (or ability to receive in 12 months); Certified Scrum Master; MBA Preferred; Six Sigma Green Belt
Irving, Texas, United States