Client is seeking a Senior Project Manager (SPM) with strong project management, technical, business and personal leadership skills to lead multiple initiatives and programs across the enterprise. The candidate should have strong analytical and facilitation skills with the ability to interpret and anticipate customer needs in order to develop clear and attainable goals, objectives and execution plans. The SPM serves as a project leader, business partner and mentor responsible for scope, time, financial, quality and overall performance management.
- Lead others through business change and implementation plans. Drives teams to consensus and completion.
- Interprets business needs and defines realistic goals and objectives.
- Scopes projects to align with goals and objectives and deliver incremental value.
- Holds individuals accountable for project deliverables.
- Proactively anticipate and manage risk.
- Determines the most appropriate project life cycle to follow based on project factors.
- Manages, scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk and overall performance.
- Adheres to all client project management and IT standards.
- Evaluates and manages third party contracts and resources to improve project performance.
- Identifies, coordinates, and manages internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively communicates and collaborates with all levels of stakeholders.
- Builds, leads and motivates project teams. Facilitates project team meetings and workshops to problem solve to resolution and successful outcomes. Keeps project team on task to meet project deadlines.
- Anticipates project challenges and risk scenarios and prepares, leads, and executes proactive response strategies to ensure optimal results.
- Focuses on quality and value in all project activities.
- Ensure compliance with project quality standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Handles multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Mentors project managers in project management best practices and adherence to client standards.
- Contributes to project management standards.
- Exhibits superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Develops others through encouragement and knowledge transfer.
- Provides exceptional service orientation.
- Identifies problems, determine accuracy and relevancy of information and apply sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and make recommendations.
- Delivers excellent verbal and written communication to include expression of facts and ideas, interpretation of information and the ability to make clear and convincing presentation. Able to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Displays strong project management and leadership skills.
- Develops actionable, realistic work plans.
- Possesses strong facilitation skills.
- Performs work independently as well as a team leader and team contributor.
- Sets and manage priorities judiciously.
- Maintains strong self-motivation and team motivation through high degrees of collaboration.
- University degree in the field of Project Management, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field. An advanced degree in one of these fields is a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- 8+ year's experience managing IT projects with a majority of experience managing budgets exceeding $1M and spanning multiple business functions and development teams. Prefer experience managing projects within Higher Education.
- Microsoft Office Products, especially Share Point, Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology as well as more formalized waterfall-style Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Knowledge of IT Project and Program Management best practices.
- Experience supporting enterprise level projects.
- Detailed knowledge of project accounting.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.