The IT Project Manager will formalize, plan and execute projects according to business objectives while meeting strict deadlines and budgets. This includes coordinating and assigning resources, including third-party contractors or consultants, to meet project objectives. The IT Project Manager will also lead documentation, requirements and standards using project management methodologies and best practices. The IT PM will assist the leadership team in establishing the strategy and direction of projects.
The IT PM will deliver on standard project management tasks and deliverables related to planning, execution, implementation, risk evaluation, change management and training for assigned projects.
Primary Job Functions:
• Utilize Project Management methodology and standards in accordance with corporate standards across the department and ensure alignment with business directives and initiatives.
• Coordinate internal resources and third-party vendors for the flawless execution of project.
• Evaluate proposed solutions, probe options and make recommendations. Ensure that the design and integration of proposed systems, software, and hardware solutions leads to the development and growth of the business through effective use of technology.
• Ensure change management procedures and good documentation practices are upheld.
• Analyze project risks, issues, costs and benefits to make relevant recommendations; propose evolutions and changes where needed.
• Responsible for 'end-to-end' management of multiple medium to large sized, moderate to highly complex IT projects. Plan, execute and finalize projects on time and on budget, following appropriate SDLC standards and delivering specific, measurable results to business partners.
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
• Manage project components including financial management, quality management, control management, and business continuity management.
• Effectively communicate project expectations, issues, risks and decisions to project team, business stakeholders and IT.
• Ensure smooth transition of projects into operational environment for continued serviceability.
• Measure success factors to ensure project objectives and deliverables were met.
• Enable cross-functional collaboration between the business and IT. Work with business partners to gather requirements and deliver value and ROI of projects.
• Bachelor Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related fields, Required
• Minimum of 5-7 years of project management, Required
• Agile or Waterfall Project Management experience, Required
• Experience with Azure DevOps Agile/Scrum platform, Preferred
• Experience in large, complex enterprise environments, Preferred
Licenses or Certifications:
• PMP Certification, Scrum Certification and/or Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification, Preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively to leadership
• Experience managing geographically dispersed teams and external parties
• Strong attention to detail
• Effective time management and organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent client facing and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints and budgets
• Ability to perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
• Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees and external customers
• Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Project
Top 3 Skills:
1) Experience working as a Project Manager in large complex environments; managing & budgeting large scale projects (up to 5+ million) and ability to communicate with multiple business units
2) Strong Documentation skills; experience with Azure Devops, Word & Excel to log issues, risks and status updates for the business & customer.
3) Experience with Agile & Waterfall methodologies
4) EDI Experience; or experience working with other integration tools as a PM
PMP Certification, Scrum Certification and/or Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certification, Preferred
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.