A large, well-known, aerospace engineering and government contracting company is currently looking to hire a Direct Hire Project Manager to join their team! This position is open as their current Project Manager was promoted into a new role within the company last week and they need to backfill her role.
- Full-Time, Direct Hire Career Opportunity
- Competitive Starting Salary: $85,000-$95,000 Per Year
- Comprehensive Benefits Package Included
- Ability to Work on Large / Complex Government Projects for the Navy
- Ability to Move Into a Project Manager Role (if you don't already have that experience!)
- Great Company Atmosphere
- Tenured Staff that's been with the Company for 20+ Years!
- BS in Engineering Discipline
- 3+ Years of Professional Engineering Experience
- Ability to Manage a Project from Inception through Completion
- Prior Experience with Project Engineering or Project Management
- Experience in a Sheet Metal / Fabrication Type of Environment
- Strong Communication Skills
- Develop integrated project plans, project schedule, and budget by coordinating the efforts of all require disciplines. Plans, schedules, and budget will be consistent with customer and schedule requirements and specifications, as well as companies costs objectives and resource constraints in order to control orders from receipt through completion
- Enter develop and maintain an overall project schedule for all major phases/elements of an order, defining the required contributions of each technical end, or administrative discipline Interface with the customer on a regular basis to ensure that the companies interest are communicated to the customer and the customer's interests are communicated with the company.
- Identify possibilities and strategies for new business with the customer. Interface with the customer on a regular basis to resolve quality and technical issues.
- Develop a project budget plan relating to each phase of the contract. Analyze project costs in develop correct of actions necessary to resolve unfavorable performance.
- Analyze, update, and discuss the contact performance report on a quarterly basis. Develop strategies consistent with internal resource constraints and project budget plans.
- Coordinate these strategies with the purchasing function, and other required disciplines, on a timely basis to ensure that project goals are met.
- Provide project information to management, internal disciplines and customers in order to anticipate project issues and resolve problems.
- Develop proposals for major government/commercial customers in accordance with specific requirements.
- Develop strategies for proposal pricing consistent with company objectives.
- Provide the liaison efforts with customers, vendors, and internal disciplines on matters specific to the contracts. Interface with all required disciplines to communicate contract requirements and coordinate plans to ensure that project plans are achieved.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.