Calling all Project Manager's. Our client is looking for a Project Manager with at least 4 years of experience leading IT projects. This PM will sit in Lansing, MI.
Experience: Project Manager 2
* 4+ years of IT Project Management experience (MUST have at least 2 years of Agile experience, not just working in an agile environment)
* 4+ years' experience with Applications projects - managing application development projects
* 1 + years of experience with Infrastructure projects
* Strong soft skills and ability to be adaptable and flexible working with people
Experience with a Maintenance environment as a Project Manager.
Experience with Adobe Flash conversion projects is a plus.
The Project Manager (PM) leads the project team responsible for achieving the project objectives. The PM plans, manages, and communicates project activities ensuring the project is delivered according to the project scope, schedule, and budget as defined in the project charter. This role works closely with Services Management and technical teams as well as with Automation Managers and business teams in the delivery of the project while meeting or exceeding customer expectations.
* Provides leadership and fosters collaborative participation between the technical and business teams by obtaining consensus and gaining commitment.
* Makes certain project deliverables are assigned, developed, reviewed, and approved by appropriate stakeholders.
* Works with the team to identify, assess, and mitigate project risks and issues. Escalates risks and issues when needed.
* Maintains and monitors project progress by managing the constraints of cost, schedule, scope, and quality, taking corrective action when needed
* Communicates with stakeholders, particularly the project sponsors, project team members, program managers.
* Works with the project team members to develop and maintain the following key SUITE Project Management Methodology (PMM) deliverables throughout the project lifecycle:
o Project Charter
o Project Schedule
o Communication Plan
o Project Status Report
o Risk and Issue Management Plans
o Change Requests
o Project Closedown Summary
* Facilitates the interactions among stakeholders by clarifying the expectations of all participants and ensuring all deliverables are assigned and completed.
* Monitors the project and utilizes the Change Management process (Change Requests) when the project deviates from the project scope, schedule, or budget.
* Ensure the project tailoring process is conducted at project initiation to define project deliverables that will be created for the project.
* Promotes and monitors adherence to the SUITE PMM and System Engineering Methodology (SEM).
* Creates project Corrective Action Plans (CAP) when necessary for projects in Yellow or Red status.
* Conducts readiness meetings and coordinates with business and technical staff to determine that projects are ready for development as planned.
* Confirm the project is ready to be scheduled (in 3-6 months)
* Draft Charter, Communication Plan, and Risk
* Identify stakeholders
* Identify project inter-dependencies
* Identify potential impediments to project success prior to scheduling
* Identify Action Items that need resolved before project start
*Coordinates preplanning activities, ensuring readiness documents are updated, readiness review action items have been completed, and that the candidate is converted to a project.
* Initial Resource Request
* Initial Project Status Report
* Cost Tracker Setup
* Active SharePoint Project Folder
Day to day duties includes, but is not limited to:
* Provide project management services to support the initiation, planning and implementation of the technology deliverables for the project. This includes recommendations on scope, resources and cost, as well as the best course of action/approach to attain the project objectives.
* Provide project management for project activities to ensure that the project is completed on time, within budget and within scope. This includes, but is not limited to project planning, scheduling, tracking, issue management, risk management, change management, and status reporting.
* Follow the Unified Information Technology Environment Project Management Methodology (PMM) and System Engineering Methodology (SEM) and required deliverables.
* Creates project charter and work plan and tracks budget and schedule progress via appropriate metrics. Establishes project organization and methodologies and defines roles and responsibilities.
* Documents risks and develops mitigation plans. Manages scope. Creates and implements a communication plan. Builds an effective team, assigns tasks to team members, and evaluates outcomes. Negotiates resources.
* Communicates to stakeholders and project sponsor. Identifies, tracks, and ensures resolution of issues and removal of barriers.
* Provides technical support to project team members. Handles complex application features and technical designs. Designs and implements the components required for complex application features. Generally manages a group of applications system analysts. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Provides overall direction to the formulation, development, implementation, and delivery of a project.
* Exercises management responsibility over the achievement of performance, revenue, and profit objectives of a project and its contracts.
* Ensures that the project plan maintains tasks, schedules, estimates, and status, and disseminates information to team members and customers.
* Creates a structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency. Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives. Arranges for the assignment of responsibility to other supporting facilities, business areas, and support functions, and monitors their performance.
* Self-directed and independent. Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. Oversees all aspects of projects.
* Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.