The main function of an IT project/program manager is to plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as electronic data processing, information systems, systems analysis, and computer programming. Job Responsibilities: Review project plans to plan and coordinate project activity. Manage backup, security and user help system. Consult with users, management, vendors, and technicians to assess computing needs and system requirements. Meet with department heads, managers, supervisors, vendors, and others, to solicit cooperation and resolve problems. Provide users with technical support for computer problems. Recruit, hire, train and supervise staff, or participate in staffing decisions. Evaluate data processing proposals to assess project feasibility and requirements. Develop and interpret organizational goals, policies, and procedures. Develop computer information resources, providing for data security and control, strategic computing, and disaster recovery.
* Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
* Strong ability to work independently and manage one's time.
* Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
* Strong knowledge of circuit boards, processors, electronic equipment and computer hardware and software.
* Strong knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
* Strong knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.