Cobham is seeking a Program Project Manager who manages and administers one or more specific follow-on production or spares projects to achieve business goals and contractual obligations. The Program Project Manager reports to the Program Manager or Director and is responsible for day-to-day tactical duties for a technical project or group of projects. The Program Project Manager is accountable to oversee the results of multi-functional project teams supporting program operations.
As the Program Project Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Responsible for the administrative/operational leadership of a project(s) within the project guidelines set by the Program Manager and Customer.
- Provides inputs to support the preparation of funding and sales forecasts, sales backlog analysis, and sales analysis on a monthly basis. Provides annual funding and sales projections in support of generation of the Business Area business plan.
- Oversees and/or supports the preparation of proposal submissions by examining the level of material and labor effort, burden rates, statement of work and other associated conditions with each proposal prior to management approvals.
- Effectively communicates with Customers, both external and internal, to ensure timely communication of information and resolution of issues. Coordinates responses to customer inquiries regarding contractual changes, status of work, and requests for changes in delivery destinations.
- Reviews and evaluates required changes on contractual end items. Documents the effect of the changes on work in progress, and on product costs and delivery dates.
- Implements the program plan utilizing the tenets of proactive teamwork. Ensures the completion of tasks assigned to functional organizations. Assures effective execution of the program material plan.
- Controls the timely start and completion of program tasks to assure fulfillment of program cost and schedule objectives. Makes effective use of Program Task Descriptions to define work scope and task requirements.
- Conducts regular reviews of program cost, schedule, repair status and technical performance, evaluating the current and projected status against the approved plan.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with management and provides timely communication of cost, schedule, and technical issues on assigned projects.
- Implements an effective issues resolution process. Assures regular team identification, action planning, closure and review of project issues. Develops and implements recovery plans.
- Coordinates with Supply Chain, Quality, Engineering, and Vendors to resolve material quality, cost, schedule performance, and obsolescence issues.
- Maintains accurate records of project data, deliverable items, and material.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required for the effective completion of assigned projects, compliance with Corporate policies and procedures, and achievement of business objectives.