Program Manager Job Description
This role is in the Financial Assurance and Strategy Team within Cisco's Finance organization, leading cross-functional projects/programs. To be successful in this role, this candidate must:
* have proven experience in effectively managing remote cross-functional project teams, influencing them to maintain focus and drive the program milestones
* be adept at stakeholder management, setting and managing expectations, risks & mitigations
* pay attention to detail; the ability to juggle many tasks in parallel without losing the overall 'big picture'
* ability to report out at executive level - understand their 'care-abouts'
* ability to understand and handle rapidly evolving business challenges and the ambiguity that can characterize this environment
* Scope out project objectives and work efforts, and identify the staffing options and project approaches to meet project objectives
What you will gain:
* Insight into Cisco Services - structure, portfolio, value, strategy
* Experience in the effective facilitation of meetings
* Experience in data/information collection - and why the data is needed
* Real-time experience in a well-defined PMO working with experienced/certified Project Managers
* Knowledge of the importance of Quality & Security
* Experience using tools such as Smartsheet, Box, MS Office, Jive
Who You Are
* You are very task- and detail-oriented, organized, consistent, thorough, and have excellent follow-through.
* You enjoy working in a fast-paced changing environment with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* You are a demonstrated self-starter with a take-charge attitude, and are able to demonstrate flexibility and resiliency.
* You effortlessly interact with people at all levels in a variety of situations
* You work collaboratively with other team members and mentor and motivate others to deliver results
* You are willing to personally drive work efforts when required
* Great attention to detail
* Knowledge of desktop computer applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Smartsheet
* Proven ability to manage multiple projects
* Willingness to take the initiative to do the research, make the contacts necessary for success
* Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience required (business/Sales operations experience a plus)
* Program management skills, including stakeholder engagement, reporting, proactive risk identification & mitigation, action tracking and follow-up
* Structured problem solving - ability to take a large and take a complex problem and break it down into components.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Collaborative style, with excellent teamwork.
* Works in an organized and disciplined manner. Very detail-oriented. Proactive by nature. High level of discretion, judgment and professionalism.
* Experience working with Partner-related services preferred
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.