- Serve as a team's lead engineer and program manager for major development projects or multiple simultaneous projects. Ensure that Engineering design activities are coordinated per the development process.
- Work closely with chemists and manufacturing engineers, designing with a full value chain (customer to supplier) perspective.
- Lead, participate in or support the following product development activities:
-Concept, planning, design and execution stages of major new products or product enhancements
-Produce detailed plans/schedules and serve as primary customer contact on technical and program management topics
-Prototyping and testing concept designs and initial engineering builds
-Design verification testing
-Product validation and usability testing
-Lead or assist in project planning and provide design leadership in project execution.
-As a member of multiple cross-disciplinary teams, create and release Product Requirements, Design Specifications and Design Descriptions for assigned projects.
-Research design options and perform/direct experiments to determine potential design feasibility.
-Interact with other technical and manufacturing resources to design for manufacturability, reliability and cost-effectiveness.
-Review product documentation for accuracy including documentation intended for customer use.
-Evaluate product non-conformance and recommend design modifications.
-Work with Finance team to manage project costs and budgets.
- BS Degree in Engineering - Aerospace, Chemical, or Mechanical preferred
- 5-10 years of industry experience required with some or all in the Aerospace and Defense industry is preferred
- Must be able to lead/facilitate activities on a variety of programs. Ability to thrive in a fast pace environment; prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Project management experience is a must.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to communicate in both written format and oral presentation.
- Work well in a team environment. Must be able to work closely with and follow through with individuals who have functional responsibility for specific areas, including manufacturing, purchasing, quality, finance, and marketing personnel.
- PREFERRED: Experience working with Military Standards and Specifications a plus
- PREFERRED: Experience with CATIA V5 design application
- PREFERRED: Experience with higher level quality systems; AS9100
- PREFERRED: Experience with rapid prototype design and build for proof of concept and usability testing
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.