Analyze life science marketing data (including analytical, biotech, medical and diagnostic instrumentation) and develop voice of customer to identify new product and market trends related to laminated manifold fluidic solutions, microfluidics, valve technologies, and integrated subassemblies. Develop strategic marketing strategy, messaging to customers, and value selling statements for new and existing fluidic products used in life science instrumentation and machines. Monitor and develop pricing strategy. Visit customers and determine market requirements while monitoring the competition to identify current and anticipated market activities that may impact new and existing products and markets. Work closely with all areas of the business to ensure the company's priorities are actively being pursued. Work under limited supervision and has total responsibility for small projects or assigned segments of large projects.
- Monitor external product and market place trends to identify new opportunities and discover potential weaknesses for current and future market and product emphasis in the life science market to OEMs including analytical, biotech, medical and diagnostic instrumentation.
- Identify market potential driven through voice of customer process and develop new product specifications, establishes pricing and market strategies, estimates potential sales and inventory requirements, resolves market and distribution channel issues and quality questions, and manages product from launch to phase-out.
- Coordinate with marketing, sales, manufacturing, and engineering on product introduction, launch schedule, and market exploitation to ensure maximum penetration of market segment and accomplishment of financial goals and optimum allocation of resources.
- Design marketing communications and publicity activity through exceptional presentation via audio/visual, photography, trade show and print/electronic media to ensure high impact promotion and representation of Life Science precision engineering products coming from multiple manufacturing sites.
- Develop and execute effective marketing communications projects using internal or external suppliers, ensure they are within budget and maintain high level of quality.
- Contribute to the profitability of the company by prioritizing and implementing product opportunity briefs in a timely manner.
- Develop and deliver sales training modules to the sales force globally to ensure product understanding and sales value.
- Obtain and analyze industry reports to support the evaluation of strategic opportunities and targets
- Scan current and potential market segments to evaluate technology and market trends
- Oversee the development of marketing collateral and defines promotional activities, publicizing the product through the press, sales force, and online presence working in collaboration with marketing communications manager.
- Maintain and improves the product portfolio, service strategy, market share, and product profitability.
- Monitors and reports competitor activities including strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats, products, service strategies, and pricing.
- Build relationships with major accounts, regional and global key account managers, engineering, manufacturing sites for their respective products, private label suppliers, and product marketing counterparts both in the US and in other regions of the world.
- Ensure effective implementation of product and market plans by continued monitoring of progress to the original plan.
- Work within IMI Precision Engineering new product development process in collaboration with our team members.
- Develop marketing strategy in collaboration with sales and marketing communications including reporting results to senior management.
- Initiate, maintain and deliver product rationalization and obsolescence schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science, Marketing, or related field and minimum of 5 years previous sales, engineering or marketing experience. 3-6 years of Product Marketing preferred. MBA a plus.
- Working knowledge of product marketing, marketing research, commercialization, and life cycle management.
- Ability to translate intuition, market feelings and conceptual technologies into successful, winning new products.
- Knowledge of life science instrumentation required.
- Fluidic components and manifold assemblies experience a plus.
- Ability to build relationships, manage projects and coordinate people and resources towards a common goal.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills are needed.
- 20% travel
- Strong leadership presence