Technical Subject Matter Expert for Electronic Manufacturing Services (EMS) is a role responsible to the Business Area Director (BAM) for all the technical facets of the business area for Semiconductor and Space Solutions (SCSS) EMS. The EMS SME will assist with the development of solutions, and services, customer engagements, and coordination of marketing/sales strategies for the EMS area. The SME will drive all EMS proposals (Cost and Pricing components) and work with the Proposal Manager on RFP responses to meet or exceed CSS – LRSP commitments for orders. The SME will assist creating the technical models for each business case to justify PV and capital investment requests, will assist in maintaining these budgets and initiatives, and will assist in initiatives to reduce cost and increase margins for the business area product lines. The SME will assist each EMS Program Managers and Proposals Managers, driving technical and program schedule metrics. The SME will assist the BAM analyzing and providing recommendations for the EMS technology , manufacturing and engineering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- SME will provide analysis and recommendations to enhance the EMS Profit and Loss (P&L). Provide technical, capital and process inputs to the strategic planning process for the business area.
- Monitor and advise on all technical aspects of the product life cycle from concept through obsolescence; specifically process, methods and capabilities
- Lead or assist with cross-functional teams of Engineering, Operations, Quality, Proposal Management and Program Management, etc. through EMS development.
- Assist the proposal process for both Technical and Management volumes. Provide inputs and work with cross-functional team to create and submit compliant proposals.
- Work with Engineering and Operations to maintain technical competence, process and documentation excellence.
- In the absence of the BAM, prepare and present (as required) Business Area Review presentations to Leadership.
- Ownership of technical, operational, and quality issues. Manage and follow through with issue resolution by making assignments to responsible teams. Proactively track tasks progress and manage schedule.
- Responsible for motivating, challenging, guiding, leading and directing the activities within the EMS Business Area to meet long range goals pertinent to quality, schedule, reliability, cost and profitability, customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Coordinate visits with customer representatives to arrange and participate in conferences as required.
- Assist in the preparation of technical exchanges to Sales and Marketing Communications for creation of product positioning, collateral, competitive analysis, training, and customer presentations.
- Assist with the development of a services roadmap, PV investment strategies (if required), and schedule for EMS services.
- Support and drive technical activities and the associated rollup of EMS Long Range Strategic Plan.
- Monitor and manage all aspects of the EMS technical activities to include; equipment, resource, training, trend evaluation, direct and indirect, Private Venture (PV) obligations, Management Work Authorizations (MWAs), etc.
- Show consistent track record of delivering high quality, competitive EMS services on time and within budget.
- Consolidate relevant data from customers through formal requirements, marketing trends, meetings and competitive analysis.
- Interact extensively with customers in support of sales and marketing communications team. Establish & maintain strong relationships with lead customers. Build and maintain strategic partnerships with key vendors.
- Operates with the highest level of integrity and ethical behavior and ensures all employees within the Business Unit do so as well.