OVERVIEW OF POSITION
The Product Manager is responsible for leading product strategy and product management life cycle activities throughout the growth, maturity and saturation phases of the product life cycle. The Product Manager designs and implements the product road map that addresses market demands and surpasses the relevant competition to achieve long term financial goals. The Product Manager is responsible for the product backlog and scheduling of releases. He/she provides direction to business analysts.
- Aligns products to company's vision and strategy.
- Creates, maintains and prioritizes product backlog. Provides ROI analysis and feedback on all project requests to assure they are in alignment with company operational and strategic objectives.
- Maintains and publicizes product release schedule according to product backlog priorities.
- Creates and maintains product road maps ensuring that the product road map is aligned with organizational strategy. Ensures organizational efforts are focused according to the product road map.
- Oversees the work of business analysts and technical writers in accordance with the product backlog, road map, and release schedule.
- Defines customer and market segmentation. Evaluates competing products, takes hands on approach in understanding key attributes/features/distribution in competitive products and positioning appropriately.
- Identifies new business growth opportunities within or adjacent to current product offerings through a detailed understanding of key market/customer trends and competitor strategies.
- Conducts analysis and synthesis of market insights to proactively identify business opportunities.
- Drives product implementation teams forward, negotiating across differences and achieving consensus.
- Plans for and establishes appropriate training materials and system documentation in accordance with product development.
- 5+ yrs. of experience
- A solid track record involving well rounded product management experience in the healthcare field.
- Ability to quickly understand emerging technologies and their business value is required.
- Ability to work collaboratively at all the levels in the organization/strong presentation skills
- Strong Business Process Analysis and Design Skills
- Ability to Create and Maintain Flow Charts for Business processes
- Ability to design, document process monitoring and control Reports
- Software Requirements Documentation
- Software Testing for User Acceptance
- Training and mentoring of lower level team members/Ability to engage comfortably with varying levels of internal and external customers