Position: Product Manager - Merchant Services
Location: Harrisburg, PA or Buffalo, NY
Responsible for the management of a single product line or the services for a market segment to include the design, development, implementation, and marketing. Ensures product/services are marketable, profitable and comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
• Recommend product pricing and understand cost structure, as well as understand and manage product risk. Ensure product complies with legal or regulatory requirements. Responsible for all product financials, including revenue planning and product profitability.
• Manage all aspects of new product implementation and existing product modification to include but not limited to the design and development of services; act in a liaison capacity with affected departments.
• Review new developments in company markets, evaluating and recommending new services or new products, or the modification of existing services or products.
• Establish marketing objectives; work with other bank departments to develop effective programs to sell services/products.
• Evaluate new product/services success; recommend changes in service or marketing strategy. Recommend product pricing, understanding the cost structure.
• Perform special projects or assignments as requested by management. Common and ongoing projects that will be assigned would be related to, and would include but not be limited to: product conversions, core conversions, product enhancements/upgrades, product communications or the introduction or conversion of ancillary systems
• Maintain an awareness of new trends and developments in marketing and company products and services.
• May be required to write, review and modify technical documentation/manuals related to any or all of the products offered through the Merchant Services Department.
• May exercise usual authority of a manager concerning staffing, performance appraisals, promotions, salary recommendations, performance management and terminations.
• Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
• Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
• Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
• Complete other related duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope:
• The position is responsible for managing a single product line or the simpler, less complex services for a market segment.
• The position may be responsible for managing a staff depending upon the product and need.
• The incumbent interacts extensively with both internal and external contacts.
The position may have staff responsibility.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years’ proven marketing, product management, financial, operations and/or project management experience, or in lieu of a degree a combined minimum of 7 years’ higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 3 years’ proven marketing, product management, financial, operations and/or project management experience.
• Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated financial analysis skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
Ideal Qualifications Preferred:
• Master’s degree.
• Knowledge of software programs utilized by department.
• We encourage candidates with relevant military experience to apply.
Job Posting: Nov 6, 2018, 3:35:14 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing