Charlotte, North Carolina
Your innovative thinking and new ideas can help us change the world of healthcare and transform our communities. When you join us, you'll become part of a team that helps run health plans in states coast-to-coast. Here, your skills, your passion and your vision in building new digital healthcare products that can make a difference every day. So, if you're ready for a career built around helping others, this will be your purpose at work.
What we're looking for:
Our human-centered design team is looking for a Senior UX Style Guide Designer to review existing patterns and craft system-level patterns & design elements to standardize styles across diverse user experiences as well as govern the style guide.
This role requires strong creative, technical, communication, and presentation skills. The right candidate should be comfortable advocating for, teaching, and presenting to other designers, engineers and product managers how to navigate and implement our design system.
Should have a passion for building a design system, maintaining components in a library, and ability to create a component repository which houses library of styles in an orderly and useful way.
If you crave order and consistency in design, consider joining a talented and diverse team of user experience professionals.
Essentials of this role:
- A high level of organization and keen problem-solving skills
- Ability to take direction and confidence to move projects forward independently, while staying open to feedback during design review
- Superb communication, time-management and process-management skills to interface with product designers in order to understand and inform pattern usage to expand library and thoughtfully build and continually contribute to our component documentation and design guidelines
- Willingness to draw on results from user research and workflow analysis to vet and add design patterns to growing library
- Desire to research best practices and emerging design library technologies in order to make robust recommendations
- Ability to ensure consistency with brand look & feel and maintain brand assets (fonts, logos, colors, illustrations, etc.)
- Desire to collaborate closely with engineering & product to unify our visual language, components, and frameworks
- Ability to work closely with key partners and leadership in multiple locations to measure the success of proposed & existing patterns
- Work to ensure our design system is up-to-date and easy to work with in design and prototyping tools
- A solid understanding of graphic design and web technologies. A high-level expertise with design programs and tools such as Sketch, The Adobe Suite, Abstract and InVision.
- A portfolio that showcases beautiful craftsmanship, demonstrating competence in the fundamentals of typography, color, iconography, and animation
- Bachelor's degree in related field. Experience owning or crafting a design system
Nice to have:
- Point-of-view on content development (copyrighting) within styles
- Experience leading design reviews
- UX process evangelism
- Mentoring more junior designers
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.