This role is accountable for shaping Hewlett Packard's Enterprise (HPE) Advertising and Media third party agency spend and relationship globally through the execution of leading category management, strategic sourcing, and agency relationship management practices. The role partners closely with senior executives in the company’s Global Marketing function along with HPE’s advertising and media agencies to reduce the cost of supply, meet business requirements, manage and improve the quality of agency delivery, innovate, and achieve revenue goals.
- Leads and implements a complex Advertising and Media category strategy that contributes to HPE’s short and long-term Marketing objectives;
- Meets and partners with senior executives in the Marketing function to discuss impact of supply chain strategic development on overall business and to develop forward-thinking supply chain strategies; influences the Advertising and Media industry and marketplace; engages with market leaders.
- Develops and utilizes supply chain, business, and financial modeling to determine and implement decisions that contribute to HPE’s marketing objectives.
- Leads complex supplier selection activities.
- Drives supply base optimization
- Negotiates and completes contracts with highly complex and critical suppliers.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations of the most complex, long-term suppliers.
- Partners with suppliers in forward-thinking strategic development and relationship building.
- Develops strategies for risk mitigation, business continuity, cost management and operations improvement.
- Innovates complex business models, drives associated strategies and influences the marketplace.
- Identifies complex or emerging contract risk areas.
- Negotiates acceptable contracting outcomes using custom solutions.
- Advises executive level business leaders on all contract risk areas.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a global procurement function specifically in the area of category management, sourcing strategy, contracting, and supplier management.
- 5+ years of experience in Advertising/Media agency working having thorough knowledge of agency operations and media buying.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven ability to develop and implement Advertising/Media category strategies
- Proven stakeholder / client relationship management skills
- Subject-matter expertise in the Advertising/Marketing industry, deep understanding of its cost structures, market dynamics, and suppliers.
- Good understanding of procurement processes
- Advanced analytical skills.
- Advanced business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint) and supply chain modeling skills.
- Advanced communication skills, including presentation and negotiation abilities.
- Strong program management skills, incorporating multiple projects
- Thought leadership and influencing skills.
- Mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to independently draft legal contractual documents.
- Applies cause and effect thinking to identify complex or emerging contract risk areas.
- Capable of independently drafting custom contract solutions to obtain acceptable outcomes;
- Ability to close complex deals in a timely fashion.
- Advanced ability to develop suppliers strategically.
- Excellent understanding of the technology industry.
HPE is an equal opportunity employer/Female/Minority/Individual with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Status
Job:Supply Chain & Operations
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.