From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Principal, Portfolio Manager, you will establish a deep understanding of the Hilton Order To Cash (OTC) business processes that are supported by Hilton's PeopleSoft Financials System, OnQ Accounts Receivable, and multiple 3rd party software solutions (credit card gateways, OTA billing sites, etc.) You will partner collaboratively with the business teams to establish a plan in line with business process objectives to simplify Hilton's OTC landscape driving cost and process efficiencies. You will look at all solutions and technologies that support the OTC space.
More specifically, you will:
- Deliver large scale projects and programs as assigned.
- Plan, schedule, and run requirements and design workshops that include business teams, developers, and tech support resources.
- Establish yourself as a dynamic Implementation Leader over Accounts Receivable, Billing, and related functions (chargebacks, credit investigations, etc.)
- Gain a detailed understanding of OTC processes and how technology supports them today, ultimately defining a plan for standardization and simplification.
- Demonstrate extensive experience with PeopleSoft 9.2 OTC modules.
- Document detailed functional specifications, working closely with developers to ensure high quality code and full understanding of business process design.
- Drive communication among different teams to gain alignment on vision to drive future efficiency.
- Build business cases for resourcing and tech needs.
- Create level of efforts for work that is scoped to ensure proper expectations for delivery are communicated and understood.
- Be accessible if a major incident requires engagement during business-critical time periods.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking problem solvers who are passionate about growing in a dynamic industry and who love to combine their analytical skills with intuition for business. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Interpersonal communicators, who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels
- Dedicated leader and motivator, demonstrating compassion and knowledge of personality types
- Ability to engage the business client and establish a trusted relationship that work will be completed properly and timely
- Demonstrated sensitivity to working in a political environment and to interacting with senior leadership
- Strong knowledge and deep understanding for the desires of the business with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Ability to articulate very technical solutions in business terms to ensure alignment and plans
- Expertise in setting and handling customer expectations
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment where this role may not directly control resources
- Good understanding of current and emerging trends and how other organizations are employing them to drive digital business
- Deep understanding of chargebacks, centralized credit reviews, credit card portals, billing and receiving portals, dispute process workflows
- Extraordinary PeopleSoft 9.2 OTC module knowledge from a business process and technical perspective
- Strong knowledge of OTC best practice solutions and software
- Solid grasp of PeopleSoft Financials 9.2 OTC modules' features, functionalities, and capabilities
- Configuration capability of PeopleSoft 9.2 OTC modules
- Project and program management skills to drive work to completion across multi-functional teams
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Twelve (12) years of professional related work experience
- Ten (10) years of Order to Cash experience in a Fortune 100 company
- Ten (10) years of project management experience with business process reengineering and associated technology deployments
- Travel as needed - up to 10%
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor's Degree OR Associate's Degree plus six (6) years of Technology related experience OR High School Diploma/GED plus twelve (12) years of Technology related experience
- Fourteen (14) years of professional related work experience
- Fourteen (14) years of Order to Cash experience in a Fortune 100 company
- PMP certification
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!