Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Consumer Marketing is responsible for stewardship of the Allstate brand identity, brand marketing communications, product marketing, local marketing, and sponsorships. This group works closely with the other functions within marketing (MARA, Digital Transformation, Consumer Relations and Innovation to drive the marketing agenda. This group takes a consumer centric approach to drive brand consideration, demand generation, profitable growth, and an improved customer experience.
The Consumer Marketing Strategy & Communications Senior Manager leads the strategic planning, communications strategy & execution, and reporting activities for the Consumer Marketing organization. This individual reports to the SVP Consumer Marketing, and will work across and with members of the Consumer Marketing leadership team.
The Senior Manager influences marketing strategy and plans at a senior leadership level, and demonstrates flexibility to develop plans and lead through uncertainty and change. This position requires strategic thinking, superior communications skills, ability to lead and influence others, comfort in working within ambiguity and an ability to gather and analyze information, trends and research/measurement inputs and translate them into marketing recommendations.
This individual will be a key member of the Consumer Marketing Leadership team.
- Working closely with SVP Consumer Marketing and her/his leadership team, provide leadership for the development of annual consumer marketing strategies, tactics and goals as part of annual planning process.
- Lead the ongoing strategic planning, leadership and culture processes throughout the year in partnership with SVP Consumer Marketing and Consumer Marketing Leadership team.
- Develop a holistic communications strategy for Consumer Marketing, and oversee and implement ongoing communications programs to ensure organizational clarity of goals, programs, and key priorities. Lead and oversee all elements through completion, measurement and post program analysis.
- Serve as a member of Consumer Marketing Leadership Team.
- Influence and contribute to strategic direction of senior leadership through formal and informal communication
- Lead development and implementation of annual “Bold Ideas Challenge”, and other programs designed to foster breakthrough thinking across department.
- Support management for monthly and quarterly budget forecasts to internal finance, working with individual program managers to provide monthly and quarterly budget forecasts to internal finance team.
- Develop presentations, program overviews, recaps, and other materials for internal meetings and presentations; present work internally to marketing and Consumer Marketing (CM) leadership and other business partners; be accountable for program plans and results
- Integrate across Consumer Marketing (CM) teams and other departments, building relationships with internal and external business partners and resources
- Direct, influence, negotiate and persuade team members to support business goals and initiatives
- Working closely with CM Leadership Team, support and champion culture efforts across department.
- Strong relationship management, collaboration and leadership skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Comfort with ambiguity, ability to work on the fly and adapt to changing demands
- Advanced presentation development and delivery skills
- Strategic and analytical skills
- Financial acumen
- 10-15+ years of Marketing experience. Experience within a consultative environment would be beneficial, but not required
- Must be highly motivated, a passionate and enthusiastic team player with a track record of successfully motivating teams
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA/Master of Communications preferred but not required
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click 'here' for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click 'here' for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.