Primary Function: Manages all aspects of assigned trade categories; including, sourcing and recruiting trade partners, bidding and negotiating costs, internal and external dispute resolution, rationalizing option offerings to meet market trends, contract management and accountability, identification of cost reduction opportunities, and market research to ensure our programs are competitive as compared to our competition. Represent the Purchasing department with a service-based attitude in providing inter departmental operational support.
- -Build & maintain effective relationships with our trade partners that support Grand Homes as the builder of choice in the Dallas market
- -Recruit, onboard, and retain superior trade partners who provide the highest quality products and services at the lowest possible price. Trade Partners must be capable of meeting Grand Homes’ production schedule in all lead time requirements, duration time requirements, and volume requirements.
- -Obtains and evaluates all documents/data required for bidding, including specifications, scopes of work, architectural documents, site plans, soils reports, community guidelines and all other pertinent documents that affect vertical costs of construction.
- -Must convey ALL of Grand Homes’ EXPECATATIONS to each and every contractor that Grand Homes employs. This will be done through training, contracting, interviewing, and conflict resolution.
- -Prepare, solicit, analyze, and negotiate with trade partners to determine awards based upon bid price comparison, while also maximizing rebate opportunities, cost stability, and model home discounts.
- -Complete Subcontractor agreements completely and accurately that memorializes in writing all agreements between Grand Homes and applicable trade partners. Ensures MSA’s/contracts and/or contract addendums are executed for all bidding and active trade partners in assigned categories.
- -Handle all correspondences to vendors regarding any and all contractual changes, which includes price increases, change in terms, change in lead times, or disputes with field reps.
- -Continually look into creative ways to reduce costs, improve profitability and quality.
- -Maintain, Update and Input all contract information into BRIX, Contract files, Scanned files and electronic files. Responsible for accuracy of supporting collateral, including budgets, bid spreadsheets, MSA’s, bid list maintenance and lien release information.
- -Works collaboratively with construction and customer care to manage trade partner performance monitoring within the division (i.e. cost, quality, productivity, and service), ensuring scopes of work for each trade are clearly understood and adhered to by trade partners.
- -Manage the vendor price increase and/ or replacement process, which includes rebidding, negotiating and contracting the new vendor
- -Initiates and processes necessary documentation regarding option requests to trade partners, field personnel, sales and accounting departments.
- -Attends frame walks, designer walks and/or collaborative team meetings in the office or field as requested or required.
- -Maintains budgets and provide quarterly budget updates/reports, substantiating market factors that influence cost in trade categories managed.
- -Conducts periodic market analysis to benchmark labor and quantities for optimization.
- -Reviews and investigates sources of extra costs incurred by construction for applicable trade categories managed.
- --Enhances database and reporting capability with an understanding of base house and option cost relationships.
- -Reviews job costs received from accounting and estimates cost to complete and accruals.
- -Manage the supply, delivery and display of all samples to the Design Center, and Sales office displays.
- -Enforce the policies and procedures of the company as it relates to your department
- -Provides mentoring and direction to other purchasing personnel as necessary.