As our OperationsManager in our luxurious Beach Village, you will be responsible forassisting in the direction and administration of Front Office operations in theresort's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financialprofitability.
Beach Village at The Del is anexclusive enclave of luxurious beachfront accommodations located within theiconic setting of Hotel del Coronado. Cottages and villas range from one tothree bedrooms and include fireplaces, marble bathrooms and private patios orbalconies. Suites also include gourmet kitchens and living rooms.
What will I be doing?
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks tothe highest standards:
- Assist in the management of all Front Office operations to include, but not limited to, guest service and registration (check-in/check-out), room inventory and availability, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, cost controls and overall profitability, marketing initiatives, systems use and management, budgeting and forecasting, department management, policy and procedure implementation and enforcement and meeting participation and facilitation
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Assist in monitoring and assessing service and satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Oversee the VIP guest process including, but not limited to, reviewing VIP reservations and ensuring smooth check-in/check-out
- Assist with up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities to maximize room occupancy and overall revenue
- Ensure team members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, facilities, events, pricing and policies and knowledge of the local area and events
- Housekeeping Management responsibilities including, but not limited to: Attending/Facilitating Daily Pre-Shift Huddles, ensuring top level VIP Rooms inspections and conducting general daily room, public area and turndown inspections
- Supporting Property Operations quality assurance though visual/practical inspections and entering work orders via HotSOS, ensuring ownership for completion
- Tracking service recovery and ensuring follow up to prevent future / repeat occurrences of issues
- Satisfaction and Loyalty Tracking Survey follow up; responses, research, address concerns and recognize positive behavior
- Guest Assistance responses and resolution reporting
- Weekends, holidays and evening manager on duty
- Luxury Hotel Operations experience (1 year)
- OnQ and HotSOS
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated Team Member Engagement
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!