The OCM/OR Project Manager will manage multiple related project streams and coordinate teams across multiple business units to ensure the operational readiness of the Agency for each Phase and Release of the ASPEN system. This includes readiness to smoothly deploy the planned process, operational, procedural, and organizational changes that are necessary for each Phase/Release, and the ability to assess and mitigate risk associated with Phase rollouts from a Business perspective. This also includes mitigation of risk associated with the potential gaps in system functionality, process and procedural changes, and organizational changes.
The PM drives adoption and utilization of changes within the business in compliance with the project's OCM/Operational Readiness (OCM/OR) roadmap, manages the development of training/change management materials, and provides direct support to senior and front-line managers and supervisors as they work through their own transitions, and the transitions of their staff. The OCM/OR PM works with management and the OCM/OR sponsor to develop and implement project strategies and plans including stakeholder assessment, communications, sponsor management, organizational transition, change readiness, capability transfer and end-user training.
The OCM/OR PM will prepare presentations, facilitate meetings, and contribute to the planning, organizing, developing, and implementing of effective communications on project status, risk, and risk mitigation. The OCM/OR PM drives the management, mitigation and resolution of project related issues, risks and conflicts, including cross-functional, and cross-team conflicts, and drives the execution of the detailed project plans, identifying and documenting critical issues and risks that may impact agreed upon schedules.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement projects to deliver on agency outcomes within scope, budget, approved timelines, and according to business unit priorities. Maintain open and consistent communications between project teams, senior management and PMO to resolve communication barriers and project issues.
- Lead workstreams responsible for different components of OCM/OR activities (strategic change, organizational alignment, communications, process improvement, procedure writing, and training). Includes working with the Operational Helpdesk and Business stakeholders to ensure that business users have the correct profiles/permissions in the new system.
- Ensure OCM/OR activities are aligned with the overall project timeline and key milestones, and are integrated with other workstreams as required.
- Work with OCM/OR Sponsor, Office of Operations, and OCM/OR Lead to collect and analyze feedback, diagnose any gaps and remaining resistance/gaps, and identify OCM/OR process improvements.
- Manage overall OCM/OR work plan, conduct weekly status reporting, and identify issues and manage risks. Includes collaboration with various staff, management, consultants, and vendors.
- Manage the development of frameworks that support improved Agency future-state organizational design and alignment.
- Prepare comprehensive change and workforce transition plans and programs, including strategies to support change and transition initiatives and leadership.
- 10+ years of proven experience in the discipline of project/program management
- 7+ years of proven experience as a skilled practitioner in Organizational Change Management and Operational Readiness
- 5+ years working on enterprise-wide Business/IT Transformation programs
- 5+ years working with Business Process Re-Engineering projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field, with concentration in Organizational Change/Organizational Development
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Required
- Knowledge of Change Management principles and methods (e.g., Prosci ADKAR, 7-S, Kotter, etc.).
- Government work experience or Pension experience required
- Experience working in a SAFe/Agile development environment required