Join our Front Office team as the Night Manager!
In the newly redesigned Embassy Suites you'll find our modern meeting rooms, atrium & lobby transformation! Located just blocks from shopping and dining and within minutes from the airport and Museum of Flight. Featuring 242 accommodating guest rooms and 5,300 square feet of meeting space.
We are searching for an outgoing Night Manager to take care of the night shift operations of the front office including guest engagement, inventory, guest transportation, security and working closely with other departments.
The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year hospitality leadership and front office experience. In this role you must have a flexible schedule and be held accountable to strict deadlines. OnQ experience is a plus!
Join our team and apply today!
What will I be doing?
A Night Manager is responsible for overseeing the overall operation of the entire hotel during the evening and/or night shift to ensure guest satisfaction and safety. This position has full hotel authority in the absence of the General Manager during the night shift. Follows up and makes decisions affecting guest and team member issues. Maintains direct supervision over all night shift team members. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Exercises full hotel authority in the absence of the General Manager during the night shift. Serves as Manager-On-Duty to ensure effective interdepartmental operations and to address and resolve guest and team member questions or issues. Ensures total guest satisfaction and safety.
- Tours hotel interior and exterior to ensure quality appearance, cleanliness, and lighting. Reports any deficiencies and safety hazards to the engineer on duty. Follows up to ensure deficiencies have been addressed and/or corrected.
- Oversees the preparation of daily summary reports for distribution to various hotel departments on the day's business activities.
- Supervises and trains night Guest Services Agents to ensure guests are satisfied with their stay and reports are accurately completed. Maintains overall supervision of all night shift team members.
What are we looking for?
EDUCATIONHigh school graduate or equivalent required. Two or four year college degree preferred.
EXPERIENCEAt least 2 years of hotel experience required. Management or supervisory experience in a front office environment preferred. Previous experience with emergencies helpful.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATESCPR Certification and/or First Aid Training is preferred. Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate.
GROOMINGAll employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
OTHERAdditional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITYThe individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Knowledge of computer systems for registration, reservations, communications and back-up systems.
- Mathematical comprehension to understand and interpret numbers as they apply to operations.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with guests and team members.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal customers and external guests, which requires tact, patience, and diplomacy.
- Ability to lead, delegate, follow up and supervise staff
- Knowledge of handling hotel emergencies (fire, theft, natural disaster) is very helpful
- Complete knowledge of hotel operations preferred
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!