This position is also available in Lake, Orange, Polk, Marion and Osceola Counties!
Please visit Lennar.com for more information!
Summary of Position Requirements
Responsible for the daily operation of a Welcome Home Center. Working with customers, processing sale agreements and closing new home sales with the final goal of creating a satisfied customer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Engage visitors, establishing a relationship and determine their home buying needs by utilizing the Company’s selling philosophy
- Through self generated or referred leads, sell, process and close homes in accordance with company business plans using the 10-5-2-1
- Travel throughout the local community, self-generating leads from Realtor/Co-Broker businesses, referrals and self-prospecting
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the competitive marketplace, including product, site, local community, sales, advertising and demographics
- Customer-generation process consisting of each week generating 10 new customers; 5 initial appointments; 2 follow-up appointments; and creating 1 net sale, with the final goal of creating a satisfied customer
- Accompany visitors through the Welcome Home Centers, models, and inventory homes answering questions and providing information about the community and discussing features of the home.
- Provide timely and consistent follow-through with customers from initial contact; the purchase and financing process, through all closing and post closing activities. Maintain accurate records of all communications during this process.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings reviewing neighborhood status and sales strategies, including Division Phone Banks.
- Monitor and record daily customer traffic utilizing company designated tracking tools.
- Periodically gather data and prepare reports for management review.
- Responsible for maintaining the condition of the Welcome Home Center, models and inventory homes communicating with field and office staff of maintenance issues and ensuring issues are resolved
- Participate in the homeowner meetings and orientation(s) required by the Division
- Required to cross-train on other communities within the division as needed
- Required to have iPad 2 or newer, capable of 3G service