The New Product Introduction Program Manager is responsible for:
- Managing the transition of the product from a prototype line to an NPI line with a contract manufacturer
- Once inside the factory managing it through the ramp to qualified production
- Managing engineering and process changes.
This requires the program manager to lead a cross-functional team to ensure engineering, manufacturing, quality, and supply chain targets have been met. It will also require leading the work with the contract manufacturer in conjunction with the customer and internal engineering team. The Program Manager is ultimately responsible for the factory readiness and successful tactical implementation of the program into production.
- Production Operations Knowledge - Has a firm understanding of how complex production lines operate including key items such as industrial workings between facilities/departments, line balance, etc.
- Background in manufacturing/industrial engineering required, supply chain highly desired
- Understanding of how the manufacturing validation process runs in relation to complex new products (methodology, validation plans, associated KPIs)
- Great understanding of design for manufacture, process design, process validation, and assembly methods
- Strong interpersonal skills dealing with all levels of an organization. Able to effectively and confidently communicate to senior and executive level leadership
- Able to be a creative thinker and devise creative solutions to complicated problems
- Excellent problem solving skills; adverse in various problem solving methodologies
- Team player; ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment with cross-functional teams
- Previous experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)
- Previous experience with ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, etc)
- Ability to read and interpret basic mechanical drawings or CAD models
- Has a well versed understanding of production line layout, flow, and modeling. Should clearly understand the following:
- job shops, batch and flow production
- takt, touch and cycle time
- bottle neck identification and methods for resolving
- workstation organization and setup / lean manufacturing principles
- statistical process control
- designing single flow lines to build multiple products
- Minimum of four (4) years' experience (PM) high tech, or other high volume/high complexity manufacturing in a similar capacity coupled with demonstration of exceptionable ability.
- Senior and Staff positions are expected to be able to provide direction, mentor, and potentially directly manage others within the team; must exhibit this ability
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related technical field required (Master's Degree in supporting field highly preferred)
- Travel: Significant time will need to be spent at the Contract Manufacturing location (in the USA).
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.