*PAY IS BASED ON QUALIFICATIONS AND PRIOR EXPERIENCE*
General responsibilities include management and supervision of the Accounts Receivable team, to oversee day to day operations of billing and accounts receivable follow up. Working under the direction of the Director, Professional Fee Revenue Cycle to meet short and long term strategic goals will create written guidelines, policies and procedures in accordance with implementation of all work processes as a result of thorough analysis.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Sets clear and common work objectives for assigned staff. Recruits, selects, orients and manages appropriate staff to ensure operational objectives are consistently met.
2. Ensures quantity and quality of staff's work is measured and documented, and staff is held accountable for meeting productivity/quality standards.
3. Prepares reports and analysis outlining billing and AR staff performance noting any adverse trends and making appropriate conclusions and decisions regarding necessary corrective action.
4. Plans and conducts meetings with staff to ensure compliance with department work-flows, implements new policies, and makes employees aware of changes and current standards.
5. Ensures the proper design, testing and documentation of specialized billing system work queues to identify miscellaneous errors and discrepancies.
6. Coordinates the resolution of system issues identified through analysis, client or staff discovery, in conjunction with IT Billing System staff.
7. With assigned staff, consistently assess back-end billing efficiencies to maximize revenues and timeliness of payments, which may include the following:
A. In depth analysis of edits and denial trends by practice and by payer
B. Analysis of patterns and quantity of appeals
C. Cycle time reduction analysis
8. With assigned staff, analyzes and proposes revenue cycle management improvements to Senior Management. Includes:
A. Future system enhancements to provide more efficient work-flow in a production environment to provide positive outcomes
B. Design performance improvement plans to positively impact front end and/or back end denials and/or Accounts Receivable Performance
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. In the absence of a Bachelor's Degree, high school diploma is required.
- Five years of experience working in health care revenue cycle required.
- Five years of supervisory experience is required, preferably in health care revenue cycle.
- Experience with EPIC preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Detailed knowledge of insurance company rules and regulations, CPT and ICD-9 coding, medical necessity requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a changing environment, problem solve and develop solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office software applications. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word is required.
- Effective verbal and written communication and listening skills are required to interact with various individuals seeking accounting-related information.
- Ability to maintain a culture of excellent customer service, open and friendly staff relations at all levels of staff.
- Excellent business and analytical skills including strong documentation skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess exceptional organizational skills
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.