I'm currently working with our client (engineering services firm) who's seeking an Engineering Lead Manager with a background in either the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Power or Refinery industries.
Independently performs Mechanical Engineering activities for all phases of mechanical development and equipment design for a project of moderate size and complexity (e.g., continuing services project involving a single engineering discipline). Must be fully competent in performing all conventional aspects of Mechanical or Piping Engineering and application of independent judgment for the evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard design engineering criteria, methods and procedures. Assignments have objectives requiring the investigation of a number of variables.
Requires BS in Mechanical Engineering.
Qualifications and experience:
- Requires a minimum of 5 years' experience in Mechanical or Piping Engineering or related functional area (or equivalent working knowledge/experience) in Petrochem, Oil/Gas, Refining, or similar industry.
- Working knowledge of API, ASME, & PIP codes/standards. Experience in reviewing piping design, piping standards, and conducting piping stress analysis via Caesar II software required.
- Registration as a licensed professional engineer is preferred.
- Experience with Compress and PV Elite are a plus.
- Experience with specification of rotating/reciprocating equipment are a plus.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets with clients' technical staff to discuss technical information and features.
- Prepares sketches and performs calculations for a detailed segment of a project.
- Conducts field trips to existing plants to gather operating data and equipment information.
- Prepares equipment specifications, inquiry and purchase requisitions for approval.
- Evaluates vendors' bids and drawings to assure compliance with specifications.
- Communicates equipment design to client and other design disciplines.
- Reviews and approves design drawings for assigned segment of a project.
- Participates in reviews of PFDs and P&IDs.
- Participates in the preparation of equipment lists, piping line lists and specialty item lists.
- Monitors subcontracted technical services' activities.
- May oversee designers and less experienced engineers and specialists.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.