The Marketing and Communications Director manages the hospital’s public image while driving market awareness and demand for hospital services. This position is responsible for building the hospital brand and elevating the visibility of services. It also oversees internal and external communications, marketing, public relations, graphic design, and website attractiveness. Additionally, it’s responsible for overseeing and /or creating all hospital communications with key areas including public relations, social media, event strategy and employee engagement. S/he also supports fundraising activities on behalf of the hospital.
- Minimum of 5 to 8 years of experience in marketing and communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and planning and promotions/advertising.
- Public relations experience: maintain and develop relationships with news media personnel.
- Focused, proactive, highly responsive and results and goal-oriented.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- A team player with strong work ethic and has the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Marketing and communications responsibilities in the healthcare industry.
- Experience selling services.
- Strong analytical skills
- Webpage, graphic design and desktop publishing skills a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create innovative strategies to ensure a high level of market awareness and services offered.
- Create and maintain a social media marketing strategy.
- Annually develop and implement a comprehensive communications and marketing plan that will support the Hospital’s mission, objectives, fundraising, specialty practices and physicians.
- Create and manage a positive image of the Hospital with the patients, the public, clients and employees.
- Manage all interactions with the media including developing media statements, arranging interviews and acting as the spokesperson as designated.
- Lead the implementation of a Hospital-wide service satisfaction and patient experience program.
- Manage media relations by developing story concepts, placing news articles, and writing press releases.
- Serve as contact for external media inquiries, and as an internal media resource.
- Manage and leverage community alliances and civic engagement through outreach and joint marketing.
- Maintain and enhance content of Hospital website, Intranet, social media and external web presence.
- Supervise, design and/or produce hospital marketing materials, newsletters, signage and displays including materials for various departments within the Hospital and the community.
- Develop internal programs that create a spirit of community within the Hospital’s various departments.
- Track competition, trends and best practices in healthcare, marketing and media, and maintain data on hospital utilization and service metrics.
- Develop and maintain internal communication systems (newsletters, emails ,hospital announcements)
- Participate in employee engagement activities. .