Managing Director, IT and Systems
BCforward is seeking a Managing Director, IT and Systems for direct hire in South Bend IN
Managing Director, IT and Systems
Location is South Bend IN
The CIO oversees all IT functions of the business and reports to the CAO/COO. They coordinate and guide the company's information technology infrastructure and is involved in a wide range of products, from implementing enterprise-wide agreements with vendors to reviewing shared platforms across all business lines. The CIO will work closely with senior management and be responsible for research new technology, making recommendations, and helping create projects to test and then facilitate a successful roll-out plan.
5 Primary Roles & Responsibilities
• Strategy and Planning
• Systems Direction and Optimization
• Business Process Automation Direction & Implementation
• Security and Data Integrity
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Provide general business planning regarding technology and systems required to maintain company operations and competitiveness.
• Lead an internal group of IT professionals and develop methods for collaboration, overcome obstacles and create solutions.
• Provide technical leadership across all lines of business. This includes strategic decision making to project planning.
• Initiate and participate in projects to evaluate technologies and methods for implementing for optimal efficiencies.
• Direct the planning and implementation of IT systems in support of the overall business strategy to improve cost effectiveness, serve quality and business development.
• Oversee IT professionals with design and implementation of in-house information systems and networked architectures that support organizational functions.
• Gain organizational support for systems and software as well as evaluate, assist and manage the selections of all technologies required for all lines of business. See attached example list of such technologies. The list is not exhaustive.
• Provide a leadership role in IT governance process. Responsible for the effective use of IT in the company and assign decision rights and accountability for effective use of IT.
• Define and manage the core/strategic digital products/process platform.
• Create and manage IT products and systems.
• Provide coordination among all lines of business as it relates to IT platforms, systems and hardware.
• Concentrate organizational resources on building and managing the strategy platform.
• Identify obstacles preventing adoption of companywide IT strategies and work with the leadership team to overcome obstacles.
• Facilitate the management assessment of long-term information technology needs, advise in new developments in technology, and recommend and implement solutions.
• Support an effective roll-out of EOS to the IT team, including training or processes and understanding/ adapting EOS principals.
Organization Management / Applications Support
• Develop, guide and implement information management strategies. Coordinate and manage information management solutions.
• Work closely with leadership team to proactively determine information technology needs and improvements.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures relating to all phases of IT activities.
• Review and enforce IT support practices and operations. Provide recommendations on improvements and enhancements.
• Improve business processes and support critical business strategies by managing the development, implementation, and maintenance of business applications systems.
• Support the current implementation and future management of CRM, Teams, O365, OneDrive, etc
• Develop and manage to an annual budget and operational plans to achieve objectives established by the leadership Team.
• Prepare progress reports to inform leadership team of project status and deviation from goals.
• Develop, asses, promote and lead the IT professionals. Recommend changes where appropriate and provide coaching to improve development in line with the business needs
• Direct and lead departmental IT training and education efforts
• Identify best business practices to maximize system effectivenes
• Keep current on new developments in IT and develop plans for future upgrades and organizational changes.
• Serve in consultative role to the organization. Anticipate and recommend future IT needs, such as new platforms and methods
• Strive to make IT a strategic competitive advantage for the organization.
• Develop the Company to enable the scalability and growth goals of the organization over time.
• Prepare proposals and solicit purchase of systems analysis, programming and computer services from outside firms.
• Negotiate and contract with management specialist, technical personnel, or vendors to solve problems.
• Select, engage and manage the efforts of outside consultants
• Build and maintain vendor relationships and manages the purchase of hardware and software products.
Infrastructure, Network Security and Disaster Recovery
• Oversee the administration and maintenance of the company's IT infrastructure and assets.
• Ensure security in the design and use of company systems, databases and networks. Identity, report and resolve security violations.
• Implement disaster recovery and business continuity plans as they pertain to IT systems and technology
• Assess ongoing advancements in computing technology and determine their applicability to the organization
• Ensure proper system administration to provide network support and optimize system performance. Ensure that they system uptime meets the goals of the organization.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting IT infrastructure
• Manage and develop upgrades to the company's telephone systems, including cell phones.
• Oversee internal systems: troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery, providing expert support when necessary.
• Ensure internal customer support time ticketing system.
• Interact with internal clients on all levels to help resolve IT related issues and provide answers in a timely and accurate manner.
• Oversee the purchasing of all software, hardware and other IT supplies
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 137445 when responding to this ad.