We have an immediate opening in our New York office for a Managing Director, Partner Practice.
The fundamental role of the Managing Director is to source and support the recruiting efforts of Partner level candidates for placement into positions with law firm clients.
- Contact potential Partner candidates by making cold and warm calls
- Develop expert knowledge of the local legal market
- Identify and initiate contact with potential new law firm clients
- Meet with candidates; prepare drafts of submission letters, LPQ’s, reports and other documents
- Develop search/candidate criteria and perform research utilizing various proprietary, legal and internet sources, to identify qualified Partner level attorney candidates
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with a pipeline of qualified Partner level attorney candidates
- Managing candidate activity through the submission process to include;
- Schedule candidate interviews with clients
- Preparing candidate for client interview
- Qualify and determine law firms to submit candidates
- Maintain candidate and client information in our proprietary database
- BA/BS degree, J.D. degree is highly preferred
- 10+ years Partner level experience from Am Law firm desirable OR 5+ years executive search/legal recruiting experience or professional services background
- Sales skills, or the willingness and aptitude to learn same
- Outstanding writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication abilities
- Confidence working with senior level attorneys
- High energy and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Entrepreneurial, risk-positive spirit
- Extraordinary dedication to candidate and client service
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
is a non-recoverable base salary for a six month introductory period, and then a commission-based structure with significant upside potential.