The Information Systems Manager role will provide overall strategic and operational leadership for all aspects of IT Infrastructure, end-user support & operations including hardware design and delivery, network technologies, server and storage, WAN, LAN, telephony, system administration, collaboration, directory services, security and regulatory compliance, hardware and end user computing services. This role will schedule and direct all team activities to address incident and problem resolution supporting a 24/7 operation. Guarantees the availability, performance, reliability and scalability of IT infrastructure. This role must have strong cloud hosting (Azure & AWS) and managed services experience, the ability to build a team and deliver on financial and technology capability commitments while ensuring alignment with the business and other IT functions. Must be hands-on with strong infrastructure design and change management skills while developing strategic direction to the organization based on best practices. Must have strong interpersonal skills with the superior ability to effectively build positive relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Plan, direct and manage the operation of systems and network infrastructure. This includes numerous hosted Windows and Linux servers, application servers, database servers, file and print servers, backup services, email servers and gateways, DNS, DHCP and Active Directory.
- Manage and maintain the enterprise storage and Storage Area Network (SAN) environment including troubleshooting, performance planning, capacity, and continuity planning.
- Maintain the enterprise virtualization environment (VMware), including troubleshooting, performance monitoring and optimization, capacity, high availability and continuity planning.
- Maintain Disaster Recovery infrastructure and documentation, ensuring systems and applications are adequately protected according to their SLAs. Schedule, run, and report on Annual Disaster Recovery tests.
- Use the ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) best-practice framework to enhance processes and procedures for delivering high quality services that are aligned with business needs and objectives.
- Manage and oversee the planning, design, implementation and documentation of all new infrastructure projects and upgrades to existing infrastructure.
- Provide regular project status updates on schedule, budget, and deliverables.
- Develop standards and operational procedures that support current and future operational needs.
- Develop and implement departmental metrics and uptime statistics. Ensure timely resolution of service incidents and completion of service requests.
- Develop and implement IT Change Management procedures. Manage and oversee the planning and deployment of updates to production applications, and post-production confirmation of successful implementation.
- Manage the production support function including establishing procedures, monitoring, troubleshooting issues and escalation with vendors and internal teams.
- Implement structured incident management across department to more quickly respond to outages and reduce alert noise
- Clean up and stabilize storage, database, and network infrastructure
- Develop and maintain technical roadmap forecasting two years out.
- Re-negotiate vendor contracts to reduce IT Ops budget.
- Continually identify cloud migration strategies in accordance with best practices and security requirements.
- Reduce production support through the use of Dev Ops
Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in computer engineering or computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in IT management position, with strong emphasis on building and leading a team of senior engineers
- 10+ years experience managing Windows / Linux server & Oracle/MS SQL Server database environments
- 5+ years experience managing Hybrid Cloud Infrastructures VMware/Azure/AWS/GCP
- Solid understanding of open source software solutions and cloud-based offerings and services
- 5+ years experience managing enterprise scale identity and access management solutions such as Active Directory, MIM, Azure AD, AWS IAM, and federation with 3rd party IAM for Single Sign on / MFA
- 5+ years experience and understanding of virtualization platforms and technologies both converged and hyper converged including Cisco UCS, Nutanix or similar
- Expertise in purchasing and managing enterprise software licenses
- Experienced at managing Budgets, Vendors, Contracts, Data Center Hosting and Managed Services providers
- Proven experience in developing an infrastructure strategy and executing infrastructure change management principles
- Experience with modern networking / firewall and storage technologies such as Cisco, Palo Alto, or similar, NetApp Clustered Ontap or similar
- Experience with managing infrastructure for SQL and No-SQL Database platforms such as MS-SQL, My-SQL, mongoDB, or similar
- Experience managing Office365 and SharePoint environments
- Experience establishing and managing SOC and NOC standards, policies and operating procedures
- Experience in creating disaster recovery plans for both on premise and cloud infrastructures.
- Experience with SOX and PCI audit compliance requirements
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Problem Sensitivity: The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Oral/Written Comprehension and Expression: The ability to listen to, understand, and communicate information and ideas presented through spoken or written words.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals
- Leadership Skills: Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions
- Management Skills: Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others
- Best practices: Passion for the IT industry, always staying on top of current best practices.
- Working under time constraints: Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.