The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton's portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.
What will I be doing?
***The location for this position can be McLean, VA or Dallas, TX.***
Are you passionate about social media technology? If so, this may be just the opportunity for you. As the Manager, Social Media Innovation, you will report to the Director, Social Technology & Innovation and will be responsible for evaluating all new technical opportunities for social innovation at Hilton. These can be either stand-alone applications or integrations/enhancements with the Hilton Social Media Technology Stack that provide business value. Specifically, you will research opportunities, rank them against stakeholder value, test them, measure results, and submit final recommendations. Ultimately, we will depend on you to lead the entire evaluation process, from requirements gathering, researching, testing, measuring, to final scoring along with identifying alternatives. Intrigued? Read on!
More specifically, you will:
- Develop an intake process for collecting business stakeholder requirements and needs.
- Build a meaningful partnership with the listening and insights team to use social listening to identify new testing opportunities.
- Research emerging trends and hot opportunities within social media and discern if there is value in testing the opportunity.
- Craft a clear evaluation process that aligns with Hilton business processes.
- Reflect results and measurement from testing, with strong recommendations for path forward. Recommendations can either be for a specific technology or a marketing opportunity using technology.
- Maintain awareness of new technologies within the social media space.
- Handle testing scope and schedules, along with vendor relationships for pilot.
- Benchmark opportunities that can come from either an identified need with the COE (ex: influencer marketing technology) or from the external social landscape (ex: augmented/virtual reality).
- Work closely with teams within the social media COE to understand the timing and impact of integrating new technology.
- Lead project resources and vendor resources on an as-needed basis.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for dynamic and creative team members, who are passionate about using their analytical skills to take on hard problems. We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Deep understanding of both marketing trends and consumer-facing technology
- Experience evaluating and piloting new technologies in the marketing space - including performing RFPs and RFIs
- Experience handling competing partner requirements and managing project resources and vendors
- Experience working in a global and dynamic operating environment
- Able to handle and balance operational goals with strategic priorities
- Skilled at conveying technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Top-notch interpersonal skills
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of professional experience
- Four (4) years of experience in digital/social media, marketing research or marketing technology
- One (1) of experience managing external partners, agencies, vendors, and/or contractors
- Travel: 10-20%
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in a marketing, communications or technical field
- Seven (7) years of professional experience, with specific experience evaluating technology
- Hospitality experience
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!