Hilton is creating a best-in-class data & analytics department that will lead a connected ecosystem of data, technology, tools, techniques, people and processes. This innovative data & analytics function will drive advanced analytics and actionable insights to help drive Hilton's performance.
What will I be doing?
The newly formed Data Strategy and Governance team supports key functions across the business by utilizing innovative solutions to provide frictionless and timely access to high-quality, integrated data. The team consists of specialist in data governance, data quality, data integration, data modeling, data channeling, as well as reporting and dashboards.
Working with the Senior Manager, Reporting and Automation, you will design and build standard reports using business intelligence tools such as Tableau and MicroStrategy. You will also automate the pipeline of existing reports that are high in value, but created manually.
More specifically, you will:
- Execute development lifecycle of reports.
- Collect and validate reporting requirements such as key data elements, report owners and objects using functional design documents.
- Collaborate with the Data Integration and Architecture team in defining the architecture of data sources that will support reporting requirements.
- Assist in translating requirements into tangible outcomes and expected results for product, performance and user acceptance testing.
- Assist the data quality process to ensure the integrity of data sources consumed by reporting.
- Design and implement the reporting semantic layer used in the definition of reports and datasets.
- Execute development of detailed reports through build, test and production deployment activities such as data gathering and report design.
- Lead the successful distribution and communication to important partners through the Analytics Portal
- Automate the pipeline of existing reports through the automation of data ingestion, data structuring and data validation.
- Design and implement workflows to automate reporting system management processes.
- Help define the data sourcing and API strategy in collaboration with the Data Architecture and Integration team and IT team.
- Collaborate with IT on the definition of data sourcing and system integration patterns to support downstream data consumers.
- Support the reporting needs of business partners in a timely and professional manner.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- An effective communicator, collaborator, influencer and solution seeker across variety of opinions
- A collaborative and organized teammate who builds positive relationships and trust
- An intuitive self-starter, who is organized, takes ownership of responsibilities and possesses a high level of positive energy and drive
- An accountable individual, who leads multiple priorities, works well under time constraints and effectively handles concurrent demands to prioritize responsibilities
- A leader, who can build positive partnerships, makes effective use of time and resource management and persuades individuals or teams to achieve objectives of the company
- A problem solver, who demonstrates flexibility, assertiveness and good attention to detail to resolve any issue
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Five (5) years of professional experience
- Three (3) years of experience designing and developing reports and dashboards
- Two (2) years in data representation and data integration to support an enterprise across multiple business functions
- Two (2) years of experience working with MicroStrategy SDK
- Experience creating and updating relational data models to support various reporting requirements
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and presentation development skills
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Two (2) years working with Master Data Management and Data Integration tools like Informatica, Talend, Alteryx, Apache Atlas or Alation
- Two (2) years working with data modeling to collaborate with various teammates on reporting requirements
- Two (2) years working with Digital Marketing data from different sources such as web analytics, search, social etc.
- End-to-end understanding of the data flow process (from ingestion to consumption layer)
- Experience with surrounding and supporting disciplines such as data quality, data operations, Business Intelligence/Data or WH/Data Lake
- Working knowledge of Web Services architecture and components like Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), Web Services Description Language (WSDL) or RESTful web services
- Working experience with Agile project management methodology
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!